ISR March to Madness thread

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Iowa is tough to pick because one bad shooting night means an early exit. We've seen this happen under Hoiberg here.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa is tough to pick because one bad shooting night means an early exit. We've seen this happen under Hoiberg here.
This year's Iowa team is very reminiscent of a Hoiberg/early Prohm team. Which is fine, because a Sweet 16 run would be the best they've had in over 2 decades.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I guess it depends on your definition of bad shooting night. They didn’t shoot it well against Purdue and won. Their defense well still not great is much improved over the years past and even more improved once they put Perkins into the starting lineup.

But yes most teams are susceptible to being beat in the tournament if they have a bad shooting night.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I guess it depends on your definition of bad shooting night. They didn’t shoot it well against Purdue and won. Their defense well still not great is much improved over the years past and even more improved once they put Perkins into the starting lineup.

But yes most teams are susceptible to being beat in the tournament if they have a bad shooting night.
Of course, but Iowa is much more of an offensive minded team than defensive, so they're more susceptible to an early exit with a bad shooting night than a team like Tech who is built to win with their D. It isn't a shot at Iowa; I've just seen this happen to Iowa State. On the other hand, if you play like you should then the sweet 16 is likely.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Actually Iowa shot close to their yearly average.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
there’s never an “easy” path.

UAB, Hampton and Northwestern state say hi…
yes there is such a thing it’s just whether you take advantage. Iowa might be the only team that wouldn’t have to face a kennpom top 25 team even if they face a 4 seed and Richmond is by far the worst 12z.
They will be significant favorites in each game

• Agree
Reactions: BryceC

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
It's that time of year again :)

Clones--(13-2)--#10 NET---Looking great, they're in unless there's a total collapse which looks unlikely.
Hawks--(11-6)--#38 NET---Still much work to to do but feeling much better than I did after the EIU debacle and Nebraska loss.
Drake--(13-5)--#99 NET--Needs to win the MVC tourney....sucks to say...DeVries has done a fabulous job but it is what it is.
UNI--(9-8)--#202 NET--Needs to win MVC tourney

Reactions: Statefan10

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Clones--(13-2)--#10 NET---Looking great, they're in unless there's a total collapse which looks unlikely.
Hawks--(11-6)--#38 NET---Still much work to to do but feeling much better than I did after the EIU debacle and Nebraska loss.
Drake--(13-5)--#99 NET--Needs to win the MVC tourney....sucks to say...DeVries has done a fabulous job but it is what it is.
Drake possibly playing on Thursday in StL was something I did not see coming this year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Youre still kicking, hadn't seen you in a while.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Iowa has an easy path to the Sweet Sixteen.
yes there is such a thing it’s just whether you take advantage. Iowa might be the only team that wouldn’t have to face a kennpom top 25 team even if they face a 4 seed and Richmond is by far the worst 12z.
They will be significant favorites in each game

Bumping these

Help Support Us

Become a patron