ISU -2 @ Ohio

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I just looked at DK. Never used it before. Seems interesting. The easiest bet would be Noel o/u 61.5 yards receiving. Has he ever gotten more than 60 yards receiving? His routes are 2 yards and he can't catch. What am I missing?
He's done it 3 times in his career

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I just looked at DK. Never used it before. Seems interesting. The easiest bet would be Noel o/u 61.5 yards receiving. Has he ever gotten more than 60 yards receiving? His routes are 2 yards and he can't catch. What am I missing?
Where do you see that prop?
I don’t think we can bet on individual college players

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesFTW

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
FWIW, FAU's QB is Casey Thompson, who looked pretty good at Nebraska despite not much else around him going well.

Ohio held FAU to 10 points. I thought Tom Herman was one of our better play callers during his short time here. Not a high bar at all, but still impressive for Ohio especially on the road.

I like Rocco, but I don't think he's anywhere close to Casey Thompson right now. I'm don't even think Hunter Dekkers would have been very close to Casey Thompson this year.

This gives me pause, and I kind of understand the line. I'm not worried about our defense, but what if the offense or special teams gives up cheap points again. Certainly not unthinkable at ISU.

Even if we win 13-10 or something along those lines, the -3 line seems reasonable. I can definitely see us stuck in neutral, but winning ugly in the ugliest of games.
Oh, I agree it could be a tough game. I wouldn't be disappointed with any kind of win, but I think we'll be ready for this one.

Reactions: RezClone

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
FWIW, I remember Rocco's dad making a point to say Rocco is going to do what it takes to get it going with Jaylin Noel during his otherwise positive on-air interview late in the UNI game.

Despite his struggles to develop into a top receiver, I know the players and coaches feel confident that he will as a talented upperclassmen who has by far the most experience in this system.

From where I'm sitting, although I understand where you're coming from, I wouldn't feel that great about the under on that prop. If ever there is a game ISU would use as a 'get right game' offensively where they might force the issue a bit, I think it's this one.

Now is it gonna work? Idk, I hope so. I have my doubts as well. But I think Noel is going to get plenty of targets, and he does have the speed and agility to break one.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Our 42 O/U is tied for the 2nd lowest O/U in all of college football this week. Rutgers and Virginia Tech have a 37. I know this is partly due to the fact our defense will limit points by our opponent, but it's just painful to realize our offense is considered this ineffective in comparison to all other college teams.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
You're seeing an individual player's prop bet on Draft Kings? I've never seen that

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
What am I missing here?? Why is the line so close? I know we're not great but we handled Ohio last year and don't know why we wouldn't be able to cover this easily...
It's an odd line. Others have said and I agree that the "ISU missing 5 starters from the gambling thing" is weighing heavily in the point spread. Even though some of the 5 wouldn't be starting now and were either part time starters and/or because of injuries to others.

I don't think our "D" will get lit up by Ohio or anyone else regardless of how good their QB is supposed to be. He didn't look good when we smoked them last year.

I really want us to lay it on these guys. They made us their Homecoming game for crying out loud, which is a huge slight.