ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Honestly, this is probably the most complimentary write up on ISU that I have ever seen from Creme.

"20. Iowa State: Bill Fennelly runs as steady a program as there is in the Big 12, and there is no reason to believe the Cyclones will deviate from that in 2013-14. Leading scorer Hallie Christofferson returns, along with point guard Nikki Moody, who was third in the country in assists. The race in the Big 12 is no longer just for second place, and Iowa State could be in the mix for the title."

Women's college basketball - Preseason top 25 for 2013-14 - ESPN

Big 12
Baylor 10
OU 12
ISU 20
OSU 22
WV 25

Personally, I think WV is the team to beat next year, and Texas could be in that mix somewhere too.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow. I am way off as 2012-13 was the year in my estimation we'd break in the top of the rankings. We had Hallie and Nikki this year along with Pop and Anna. Creme sees us equaling last year is generous, if not a little amazing.

I hope everyone learns to like UCONN because I do not see any other team in the next few years that will best them. They WILL NOT miss Faris and have the top players in the country coming back next season.

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
Honestly, this is probably the most complimentary write up on ISU that I have ever seen from Creme.

"20. Iowa State: Bill Fennelly runs as steady a program as there is in the Big 12, and there is no reason to believe the Cyclones will deviate from that in 2013-14. Leading scorer Hallie Christofferson returns, along with point guard Nikki Moody, who was third in the country in assists. The race in the Big 12 is no longer just for second place, and Iowa State could be in the mix for the title."

Women's college basketball - Preseason top 25 for 2013-14 - ESPN

Big 12
Baylor 10
OU 12
ISU 20
OSU 22
WV 25

Personally, I think WV is the team to beat next year, and Texas could be in that mix somewhere too.

Corrections,
Bu-12
Ou-15
ISU-20
OSU-21
WV-25

At least that is what the link that you gave showed me. All that matters though, is that ISU 20. :)

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
This is a surprise. I don't like polls, and I think it is ridiculous to project at this point. Still, I don't mind if Creme makes his living peddling this kind of baloney.

Still upset that this team didn't get past the second round. They were a better team. They sure picked a bad time to get cold from the field.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This is a surprise. I don't like polls, and I think it is ridiculous to project at this point. Still, I don't mind if Creme makes his living peddling this kind of baloney.

Still upset that this team didn't get past the second round. They were a better team. They sure picked a bad time to get cold from the field.

True, but you could also look at it this way: "Georgia picked a wrong day to be hot from 3pt range.":cool: I also don't put much stock into the preseason stuff - but I think the preseason rank says a LOT for BF and our amazing Ladies! They deserve respect!

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
True, but you could also look at it this way: "Georgia picked a wrong day to be hot from 3pt range.":cool: I also don't put much stock into the preseason stuff - but I think the preseason rank says a LOT for BF and our amazing Ladies! They deserve respect!
What was bad was the two came together on the same day. Still can't believe Louisville beat Baylor.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Crime is freaking nuts. Baylor loses everything except Sims including top reserves. They will be dangerous, but incredibly beatable. I look for them to have 5-6 losses in the Big 12 alone. OU has some big loses as well. If I were picking the top 3-4 teams in the conference the list would include WVU, Texas, and a mix of ISU, OU, and then perhaps Baylor. OSU is a dark horse in my mind.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Crime is freaking nuts. Baylor loses everything except Sims including top reserves. They will be dangerous, but incredibly beatable. I look for them to have 5-6 losses in the Big 12 alone. OU has some big loses as well. If I were picking the top 3-4 teams in the conference the list would include WVU, Texas, and a mix of ISU, OU, and then perhaps Baylor. OSU is a dark horse in my mind.

Although I like the respect shown for ISU in Creme's listing, my first impression is -- what did he base his ranking on??? Guess we'll see. He overlooked certain information, overemphasized other information, and didn't seem to do so consistently. It's more of his opinion and guess than something based on any actual analysis.

He overlooked the return of Asye Bussie for WVU and the incoming talent at Texas, but seemed to give BU and OU credit for a single strong returning guard. At the same time, he didn't seem to demote Nebraska for graduating Moore, a single strong guard who's not returning. Nebraska, top 10? I don't think so.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Wow. I am way off as 2012-13 was the year in my estimation we'd break in the top of the rankings. We had Hallie and Nikki this year along with Pop and Anna. Creme sees us equaling last year is generous, if not a little amazing.

I hope everyone learns to like UCONN because I do not see any other team in the next few years that will best them. They WILL NOT miss Faris and have the top players in the country coming back next season.

Afraid you are right; they have a guard from Ossining, NY (last name is Chong), who is an amazing talent; can shoot from anywhere but is very good from three-point range.