ISU acceptance videos!

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Have you guys seen the videos they are sending to accepted applicants, featuring President Leath, Coach Prohm and CNN anchor Christine Romans? They are TOP NOTCH! Too bad our football videos aren't as good!

The one I saw today I don't want to post because it has a student's name in it but if someone has one they want to share, they are awesome!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
They did these last year I believe. I think they are a little cheesy, but its a big moment for these kids, so let them have a little fun.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I think that's extremely cheesy, but who knows what the youth of today like. Is this to encourage them to pick ISU over other schools they receive acceptance to also?

Like a really corny video e-card saying please love us back.

Edit: didn't mean to add to the recent negatively on the board, so I guess I could see this as a little fun thing since it's only going to you personally as a student and not meant to be a public video. Would be a good way to get them online and reconnected with the university before making a decision.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I think that's extremely cheesy, but who knows what the youth of today like. Is this to encourage them to pick ISU over other schools they receive acceptance to also?

Like a really corny video e-card saying please love us back.

Edit: didn't mean to add to the recent negatively on the board, so I guess I could see this as a little fun thing since it's only going to you personally as a student and not meant to be a public video. Would be a good way to get them online and reconnected with the university before making a decision.

It's cheesy but I think it's kinda cool. I don't think it's a desperate love me back video like you claim it to be.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think it's a way to make it seem the university is excited to have you instead of the kid is supposed to be lucky to get in.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
cheesy....maybe, but its way better than just another letter in the mail which they will receive officially anyway.
Nice job ISU. I like it.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'll be honest. When I got this particular email last year (more or less the same), I got a bit emotional. Not like sobbing like a baby type of thing, but for me it was a very proud moment. I was 31 years old and finally made the move to get into the college I've always loved. It was one of those life-long dreams that I didn't realize that I had until 5 or so years ago. Sure, it's corny, but for me it was special.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I like it too and think they're cool.
Even if a kid thinks it might be a little cheesy I can guarantee they still won't get rid of it right away.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
My daughter got one last year and very much enjoyed it.

She spent an afternoon filling out online application for both ISU and KU. ISU responded within couple days with the video. KU responded the next day with just an email acceptance. So she definitely preferred ISU effort.

Taking her up this week for her freshman year.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It's corny and kinda meh. If they would have said the kids name I could see where it was cool. If I was a student and they had these people reading a ****** and then they flash my name on a banner I guess I don't get all that excited about it.

Do they send out letters still, too? I saved my acceptance letter. It is behind my diploma in the frame. Not sure why, but I thought it would be neat to have.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron