ISU and Iowa among least fair-weather fans in America

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
First of all, I know you're just begging to get a rise out of people, but I'm going to give you one anyway.

We have maybe what, 5000 tickets at the $175 level? Big whoop, give families a chance to affordably get into the corner nosebleeds (to watch a sub-par product, mind you).

And just because Iowa gets people to pay more for tickets that many of them don't even use, doesn't mean they have better fan support. Yes, it boils down to more $$ for the university, but that isn't the end-all be-all.

ISU isn't selling tickets for $175 to "help out" families? Jamie charges that amount because that is what the market would support. If Jamie could get a Minimum of $350 a ticket like Iowa for every seat, that is what he would charge.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You could get a $99 hillside season ticket before the expansion. In 2013 or 2014 they did bumped it to $125.
We in here talking about hillsides. I mean, listen: We talking about hillsides Not a seat. Not a seat. Not a seat. We talking about hillsides. Not a seat. Not the seat that I go out there and die for and sit in every game like it's my last. Not the seat. We talking about hillsides, man.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
We in here talking about hillsides. I mean, listen: We talking about hillsides Not a seat. Not a seat. Not a seat. We talking about hillsides. Not a seat. Not the seat that I go out there and die for and sit in every game like it's my last. Not the seat. We talking about hillsides, man.

Well done sir. This is how you win a thread.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
ISU isn't selling tickets for $175 to "help out" families? Jamie charges that amount because that is what the market would support. If Jamie could get a Minimum of $350 a ticket like Iowa for every seat, that is what he would charge.

If he wanted charge $350 a seat to get companies to buy them and not use them, I'm sure he could. I just think he would rather charge lower to actually have the seats filled by future alumnus.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
If he wanted charge $350 a seat to get companies to buy them and not use them, I'm sure he could. I just think he would rather charge lower to actually have the seats filled by future alumnus.

Is this serious? The guy forces student to purchase football season tickets in order to get basketball tickets, because he can. I can't believe that you think that Jamie or any AD would sell tickets for lower than what the market would support.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Is this serious? The guy forces student to purchase football season tickets in order to get basketball tickets, because he can. I can't believe that you think that Jamie or any AD would sell tickets for lower than what the market would support.

I'm talking about actual asses in seats support. Yes, he could get a few more dollars now to have empty seats. Instead, we sell some seats cheaper to get people to the games. People who will later be actual students (I know, this part is hard for you to comprehend).

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Wound so tight? What are you talking about?

And you're obsessively posting on an ISU site, that's what's not healthy.

Obsessive? I read and post in a couple threads on Cyclonefanatic on the In state Rivals section.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I'm talking about actual asses in seats support. Yes, he could get a few more dollars now to have empty seats. Instead, we sell some seats cheaper to get people to the games. People who will later be actual students (I know, this part is hard for you to comprehend).

You are talking Pie in the sky stuff. Jamie prices tickets to sell the most possible at the most expensive price that the market will support. If he just wanted butts in the seat he would drop the cost even
More. If Jamie could raise the price of those $175 tickets to $250 and they would sell out, he would do it in a second.

Now ISU does do a great job of building future fans and being family friendly. The Jr. Cyclone club is great. Don’t they pay like $60 and kids get into all the games, and they can do that up to 12 grade (as long as the parents have 2 season tickets)? I mean that is a $60 season ticket, that is awesome! It is annoying when I bring my 3 year old to a game and have to pay $60 for a single game ticket.

rob05

Apr 14, 2006
Ankeny
Obsessive? I read and post in a couple threads on Cyclonefanatic on the In state Rivals section.

Yes obsessed.

5 weeks in+550 posts already=obsessed.

And are you saying you're not posting on an ISU site then? That's your justification?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
So let me get this straight. We have sucked for 120 at football give or take a season. We sell out our stadium a lot when no other college would go to such a losing program. What the data don't show is us winning three games and deciding not to show up when it's freaking cold at the end of the year home games.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Let's talk about the slumlords that rent houses around Kinnick. So when you rent houses, you actually rent just the house. Not the yard, not the driveway, just the house. Oh so during gameday the slumlord can fill the yard with port a pots, you have to park your car someplace in outer Mongolia.

Only place I know where you have to pay $800-$1,000 just to park you car on the street. Unfortunately, I have a daughter that goes their and told her they other day "You just need to get the hell out of that place!!" I have never seen such city so blood thirsty for money (parking system). You talk about our AD, I talk about the cesspool black and gold town (aka Iowa City). Already counting down the days that I have to make my final trip over to that place.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Yes obsessed.

And are you saying you're not posting on an ISU site then? That's your justification?
tumblr_m5cx6wIs891rwcc6bo1_500.gif

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Yes obsessed.

Where did I say I wasn't posting on an ISU site?

As far as the 550 posts go, I guess I am just a popular guy. I make an obvious statement like Jamie Pollard sells season tickets for the price that the market will support. It should be a simple statement that requires one post. Yet someone argues with me for 10 posts about it.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
-- Which is exactly how people here know that you don't participate in good faith.

I don't want to bog down the ISU threads that have nothing to do with Iowa. See my post above, I make a simple statement and people around here want to argue it forever.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That isn't real. I'm guessing Stephen is an Iowa fan that found some picture of a IHSAA Dance Team quarterfinal. No way that is 15 minutes before a football game. Good trolling Stephen, good trolling my man.

That's at Wells Fargo. Maybe it was band or something.