ISU gets the best of NIU

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
We win 21-25, 25-17, 25-18, 25-21. Good win for the clones. NIU was probably the toughest team we had to play since it was at their place, but we still could/should have won all three sets. Jenson was awesome again as was Hurtt. One thing that was discouraging was that Hockaday got hurt and went to the locker room, but I didn't watch the video so I don't know how serious it was.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Cyclones.com article did not mention any injury, so hopefully minor.

A hopeful sign for me was that Boom-Boom had 10 aces this weekend.

JT88

Oct 7, 2009
Cyclones.com article did not mention any injury, so hopefully minor.

A hopeful sign for me was that Boom-Boom had 10 aces this weekend.

She was also back to using her Jump serve today! I always think of the POD song BOOM whenever she get ready to serve. :yes:

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
She was also back to using her Jump serve today! I always think of the POD song BOOM whenever she get ready to serve. :yes:

Yea, I was happy she went back to her jump serve, but didn't understand why she didn't do it last year. It was definately working this weekend.

Will

Aug 17, 2011
We win 21-25, 25-17, 25-18, 25-21. Good win for the clones. NIU was probably the toughest team we had to play since it was at their place, but we still could/should have won all three sets. Jenson was awesome again as was Hurtt. One thing that was discouraging was that Hockaday got hurt and went to the locker room, but I didn't watch the video so I don't know how serious it was.

Jenson thinks she's Henson. Hope nobody tells her differently. Ha!!

rdfly

May 12, 2011
Iowa Vets Home, Marshalltown
Yea, I was happy she went back to her jump serve, but didn't understand why she didn't do it last year. It was definately working this weekend.

Last year she was experience soreness in her shoulder plus Coach Joe felt they need accuracy more that the Ka-Boom serve. This year her shoulder is stronger and she worked on her accuracy in the off season.