ISU marching band

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
The ISU marching band paraded down the Grand Concourse at the Iowa State fair yesterday. Had plans to go(inside information) but wife is having health problems.
We were there yesterday. We were walking down towards the animal barns when a lady riding a horse came our way and was getting everyone back out of the street and on to the sidewalk. Then I heard a band around the corner and I thought that it was some sort of a parade. As the band started to round the corner and come toward us I realized that it was the Iowa State Band! I had no idea that they were even there.

The crowd all lined up along the street and was very excited as our band marched and played in front of us. I was so excited that I screwed up recording some of their performance. They stopped right in front of us and put on a great performance. I'll try to post some of my videos after I get them uploaded to youtube. I would have loved to have seen them marching down the Grand Concourse! By the way, the crowd at the fair was huge, very festive and animated.

The attendance for Saturday (117,764) was just 1,500 people short of the record setting crowd of the same day in 2019. For Saturday, the State Fair all by its self would have been the third largest city in the state.

Last edited:

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Must be you singing along with the band on the fight song?
Thanks for posting.
Yes I was but so was the guy standing next to me so I'm not sure who came through the loudest! :D I did sing along even though my throat was a bit dry and hoarse. You're welcome and I'll post another one or two. Love my CYCLONES!

Last edited:

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
OK, farmer I've got one of the videos uploaded to youtube:

Thanks for posting this!!! I’m a ISUCF’V’MB alum and was at the fair Saturday but had to leave before the band was there. I was bummed I missed them so it’s great to see the videos!

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Loved the ending:

Where's the corn dogs? whoop, whoop
Where's the corn dogs? whoop, whoop

Latest posts

Help Support Us