ISU vs. CU Game Thread

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
How about let's stop speculating on our revised final record after we play a few good games in a row.

Probably a good idea. Sorry, I was getting my hopes up for a NIT appearance this year. Thought that would be a huge accomplishment given the state of the program last March-April.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
How about let's stop speculating on our revised final record after we play a few good games in a row.

Thats funny, I was just thinking about that:

With about 1:00 minute left in the Kansas game, I was thinking how long before we start getting votes for top 25,

now I am thinking are we even going to get to my original predicted wins (5)

Things change so fast, makes my head spin.

Time to temper those expectations

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny

Good call. I hate getting my frickin hopes up only to get kicked in the nuts. Man this one sucks tonight fellas.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I am starting to put Colorado next to Nebraska. I just can't stand that team. Maybe next year we can play the game in a local highschool gym so it would seem packed.
I really want our freethrow shooting fixed in a couple years. We just can't make the front end of a one and one.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
I am starting to put Colorado next to Nebraska. I just can't stand that team. Maybe next year we can play the game in a local highschool gym so it would seem packed.
I really want our freethrow shooting fixed in a couple years. We just can't make the front end of a one and one.

Better make it a small high school,or else there will still be empty seats

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Thats funny, I was just thinking about that:

With about 1:00 minute left in the Kansas game, I was thinking how long before we start getting votes for top 25,

now I am thinking are we even going to get to my original predicted wins (5)

Things change so fast, makes my head spin.

Time to temper those expectations

Wow, living in your head must be one big roller coaster.

You really should have expected this to be an up and down season, and you still should. The time to temper the expectations was before this game.

I still think 8-8 in conference is doable, give or take two wins. This game doesn't change that.

The KU game was close to the best we could play (would have been the best if we'd have made free throws). This was about the worst we can play. Most games will be somewhere in between.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Wow. I really thought us fans on this board were smarter than this. Did you miss all the posts about how tough this game was going to be?

Let me recap:
1) We always play poorly in Boulder
2) We have a whole bunch of player who haven't played at altitude before
3) They were due for a good game
4) We were due for a poor game
5) We are rebuilding and aren't as good as we looked against KU

I'll repeat what I said earlier today. Winning on the road in the big 12 is very difficult and any road win this year is just gravy.

The was nothing in this game that suprised me. Now it's time for the team and the fans to refocus and put the best show possible in Hilton on Saturday. That will be a fight too, even though KSU sucks, because we just aren't that good this year.

And I think McD learned a good lesson tonight. If Mike is off and Doddie takes no leadership, you must go to Wesley and Kiri and Corey. Colorado had one of the weakest front lines on the whole front range.

Tonight, I expected much more from Corey McIntosh, Mike, Brock and Dodie. I think we would have been better off with Cory, Jiri, and Gray playing at same time aqnd put Rahshon at guard. The guard play totally lost the game. Has anyone ever seen the Cyclones make threes in Boulder. So why do we even shoot them. You must find a way to drive to the bucket and draw fouls. If yuou cannot do that, you should not be on the court. Jiri was ready to play inside, but ball hog Mike forgot about him in his haste to score his normal. We became selfish tonight with too littke oassing. And we were taken to the cleaners and embarrassed. We need to screw our heads back on Saturday and play much more like a team and not a bunch of I can do it by myself individuals. Hear that, all guards?

Last edited:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Also....This loss for me felt like we lost to a Baylor type team about 10 years ago when there was nobody in the stands and they scraped a team together and sucked. I really wish we were 4-0 right now.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
All I want is to make the NIT. This was my original goal but as usual I got my hopes up only to get them crushed. I want NIT this year and then next year we will be a top team in the league.

Last edited:

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
You really should have expected this to be an up and down season, and you still should. The time to temper the expectations was before this game.

I still think 8-8 in conference is doable, give or take two wins. This game doesn't change that.

I did expect a up and down season, heck, I originally expected only 5 wins. But when you have #6 kansas on the ropes and looking to go 3-0 in conference, you tend to get excited about the possibilities, epically considering the situation.

Anything and everything is is possible, this game isn't a season killer by any means. But its one we win if we are a good team, and I was beginning to believe we were a good team.

IMO, the game against KSU could be a turning point. Are we going to defend the home court this year and still keep the post season hope alive, or are we not going to show up, play inconsistent and play like tonight.

Time will tell.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
I think that thing that disappointed me was that we didn't compete well tonight.

That being said, this is what happens when you are rebuilding a program from scratch. You play with all of the emotion of Saturday, and have every opportunity to pull off a huge upset, then you follow that up with what happened tonight. Truth is, we aren't as good as we played Saturday, and we aren't as bad as we played tonight.

I predicted 5-11 earlier, and I think that it will end up around there, but there will be some exciting moments, and some equally frustrating ones. But, hang in there, reinforcements are on the way.