ISU vs Illinois game thread

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
For those of you who can't go to watch the ISU vs Illinois game. I am listening the game online. Currently Number 11 ISU is beating Number 1 and undefeated Illinois 2-1 in the third period. It's a barn burner and the place sounds packed.

I know everyone is locked into the Cyclone basketball game. It might be a good idea to keep one ear locked into cyclonehockey.com's broadcast of the game over at Wells Fargo Arena against illinois.

Over at Wells Fargo Arena, Iowa State is leading Illinois 2-0 again as they head into the final period. The Cyclones lost a heartbreaker last night in overtime against perhaps one of the finest teams in ACHA history as Illinois is currently undefeated and full of talent.

The third period should be about as exciting as any. I only wish I was there to witness it! AHHHH. Anyways...just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I'll be back on to update throughout the final period. GO STATE!

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
Just woke up (6:eek:o a.m.) to see the score and when I turned it on, Illinois scored to make it 2-1. Maybe I'm bad luck.

Overtime! Well...Yesterday did end as well as the Cyclones would have hoped, but they get a chance to make something happen today. Maybe a chance for revenge! 4 v 4 OT then a shootout if nothing is decided.

As long as the Clones can stay disciplined and create some chances...they can make things happen.

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
I'll take the blame for this loss, two days in a row they were winning until I turned the game on. Cyclones lose in overtime again.

3-2, Illinois catches ISU on a bad line change and wins it in OT, clinching the CSCHL Regular-Season title.

On the bright side, no one has held Illinois to two straight games under four goals this season. Also, this ought to give ISU some serious ammunition for both the conference and national tournaments.

To play the number one team in the land tougher than anyone else this year proves that ISU is a much improved team. As long as they work on defending their lead in the third period...bright things lie ahead for the Cyclones! Tough losses, but great effort two nights in a row. Good work, boys.