ISU vs Iowa Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
This was a win the GMac had to have. With the team the Iowa has, this was a gimme. Glad to see Jiri exhibited a better game.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
the best things about this win:

1. LUCCA'S FAMILY WERE IN THE CROWD, AND I DONT THINK LUCCA IS GOING ANYWHERE.. THE FANS DID THEIR JOB AND THAT IMPRESSED LUCCA..

2. JIRI HAD A BREAKOUT GAME, HE REBOUNDED, GOT SOME EASY POINTS, AND PLAYED SMART

3. CLARK PLAYED WITH ALL HE HAD, WOW WHAT AN EFFORT

4. GAME TELEVISED NATIONWIDE

5. HAWKS NEVER HAD THE LEAD IN 2ND HALF, THEY LOOKED CONFUSED, AND NEVER GOT COMFORTABLE

Maybe, I am thinking too much out of one game, but I am happy with this team. They will probably have a few more heart breaking losses, but they have a LOT of chemistry and unselfishness between players. That will help them win most of their remaining non conference games. (They are all at home from now on I believe) Go cyclones!

clonefarmer

Apr 16, 2006
Felt like we should have won by 20 or more. Officials were bad. Iowa travels a lot. They don't just move on screens, they body check. I'm sure some Hawks will whine about freethrow difference but they could have been called for more fouls.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
the best things about this win:

1. LUCCA'S FAMILY WERE IN THE CROWD, AND I DONT THINK LUCCA IS GOING ANYWHERE.. THE FANS DID THEIR JOB AND THAT IMPRESSED LUCCA..

I hope you are right, but I heard somewhere that they had the trip planned well before the season, so they were going to come regardless. But at least they still came, I guess!

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
6 total turnovers....3 by Hubalek, 2 by Thompson, and 1 by Clark.

ZERO...Petersen, Garrett, & Wesley

Last edited:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
1.) Effort was MUCH better than we have been seeing. I appreciate that.

2.) Rebounding was MUCH better (especially in the 1st half).

3.) Diante, I thought, played well today and I would like to see him start in the future (you all know my opinion on that).

4.) It was an ugly, UGLY game by both squads.

5.) If this were pickem's on the playground, Iowa would have been the last one picked, but we still would likely have been 2nd to last.

6.) I'll take the win either way. This team improved its effort today, but doubtful it would have carried us to a win against a decent team.

This season is what it is. I'll enjoy the wins when they come because I'm not sure we'll see many more, but hopefully something clicks and the W's come rolling in.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
You know, I don't really agree that it was an "ugly" game. Opinions differ of course.

We didn't have too many turnovers, we didn't make a ton of mistakes or take a bevy of bad shots - which has been our plague so far this season. And we played pretty hard D.

We simply didn't shoot well - and that was painful to witness.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
You know, I don't really agree that it was an "ugly" game. Opinions differ of course.

We didn't have too many turnovers, we didn't make a ton of mistakes or take a bevy of bad shots - which has been our plague so far this season. And we played pretty hard D.

We simply didn't shoot well - and that was painful to witness.

Agreed....but when two teams throw bricks at the basket over the course of 40 minutes it looks bad regardless of how low turnovers are IMO.

Last edited:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I thought it was a fairly clean game by two bad teams, which made it appear to be uglier than it really was. I thought we got our best PG play of the season today, even though the stats weren't flashy. Petty and Diante did a nice job and we finally got our bigs some touches. Too bad Brackins struggled but the looks were there.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Agreed....but when two teams throw bricks at the basket over the course of 40 minutes it looks bad regadless of how low turnovers are IMO.

Can't argue that. Especially when said bricks came from 2 ft away.

Hopefully they carry over to next game. Alot of improvement today (sans shooting). Obvious that there was more cohession on the team. Which honestly has probably been
problem #1

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
1.) 4.) It was an ugly, UGLY game by both squads.

It was an ugly game in terms of offense, but not in terms of defense. We played solid defense almost the entire game. I think our offense was a little better than Iowa, but overall I liked this game because we played good defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.