It is just my iPhone?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
This crap needs to stop, now. Getting redirected is not only annoying, but the site is dangerous, as they've made it look like Facebook to phish people.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I am just seeing this thread now but have already sent out three emails trying to get to the bottom of where this is coming from. My apologies and I agree that it is not acceptable.

The independent web game is absolutely brutal. Damned if we do (have ads and attempt to monetize) damned if we don't (go broke and shut it down).

There's nothing in this industry worse than working with these national ad networks.

You will like to hear that there will be an ad free option for the site offered in the next few months.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
This site is garbage on my phone anymore. No issue with any other site.

Agree. With my personal android it's essentially impossible to use. With my work iphone, I've been getting these "offers."

The fancy formats, etc. of the new site for all the "mobile benefits" are great, but the simple functionality of the old site has yet to be beat in my humble opinion.

Also, I understand that I'm complaining about something that is free. Just feel bad because I know this new site took a lot of time and effort and it doesn't appear that I'm alone in thinking it was a bit of a waste, especially if done for the mobile experience.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Agree. With my personal android it's essentially impossible to use. With my work iphone, I've been getting these "offers."

The fancy formats, etc. of the new site for all the "mobile benefits" are great, but the simple functionality of the old site has yet to be beat in my humble opinion.

Also, I understand that I'm complaining about something that is free. Just feel bad because I know this new site took a lot of time and effort and it doesn't appear that I'm alone in thinking it was a bit of a waste, especially if done for the mobile experience.

It isn't the new site. It's a bad ad somewhere from a network that we currently cannot find. We are working on it.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
It isn't the new site. It's a bad ad somewhere from a network that we currently cannot find. We are working on it.

I understand about the ad.

But the lagginess on android is most definitely related to the new site.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
The software must just see the "Iowa" assume the Hawks and naturally channel your advertising to Walmart and Vodka.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
IMG_3969.PNG Y'all plan on fixing this anytime soon? Really annoying trying to use the mobile site when this pops up randomly and you have to close tab to get rid of