Jadda Buckley to Forego Redshirt Season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
michael-scott-no.gif

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Wow. That is unbelievable. Nice core coming back, good recruits. Can't handle playing for Bill one more year, maybe?

That is really too bad. I loved watching her play.

Reactions: riceville98

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Sometimes people are just ready for the next phase in their life. If she has no intentions of getting a graduate degree, the extra year of scholarship isn't worth much to her, and if she is ready to be done playing it makes a lot sense.

Definitely sucks for the basketball program, but good luck to her after graduation.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Makes sense if she doesn't want to go to grad school.
Yep, probably just wants to move on with her life.

Also lets face it it's not the easiest thing in the world playing for Bill.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I hate to see her not come back but as tough as it has been on her physically, I can't be mad at her. She is getting her degree and not wanting to go for her masters hope she has a great career in marketing. She has been a very good player for us so good luck.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Surprising and disappointing to say the least. She still seemed to be enjoying the game, but who knows. This year, she had finally taken her game to the Big 12 level, where she could win battles on the floor through toughness, tenacity, skill and knowledge. Seemingly just as she reached the point to see the fruit of her efforts at this level, there she goes. Bittersweet for fans who wish her well but enjoyed watching her get to this level and wanted to see more.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
I think the injuries are playing a big part. You can see she was playing with pain. Would you like to live with that for the rest of your life? She is a senior and I wish her nothing but the best. Do what is best for yourself and your future. Wish we would have had the chance to celebrate her like the others.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
She just wants to get a job and go on with life. A decent amount of football players do this, as most of them redshirt their freshman year. Being an athlete can suck, and especially womens basketball, it's not like she's going to be making the big bucks playing basketball somewhere.