Jadda Buckley to Forego Redshirt Season

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Don't think she wanted to address the media and be forced to answer questions she didn't want to. She was/is ready to move on. Happens when you play during maybe the most tumultuous time for women's basketball as of late.

Agree, just look at some comments on here by people who claim to be supporters. This is HER decision and she wants to pursue a new phase of her life. She gave the program 4 years of her life and was always one of our many great representatives of it. I respect her decision and hope the very best for her in the future.

Reactions: CYdTracked

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agree, just look at some comments on here by people who claim to be supporters. This is HER decision and she wants to pursue a new phase of her life. She gave the program 4 years of her life and was always one of our many great representatives of it. I respect her decision and hope the very best for her in the future.

From what I've heard, it's not just one thing that got to her. Several little things finally just tired her out. Probably didn't want to potentially have press blow them up more than just a compilation of small things.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Perhaps she doesn't want to go to grad school at Iowa State...

I'm sure a number of schools would welcome an experienced point guard grad transfer with one year of eligibility left.

So, you saying a school may not have a going away send off for a player who is considering transferring? Maybe she is.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
So odd how many choose to read far more into a given situation than is ever warranted, especially when all most people know is what they see from the stands and read on message boards. Seriously, let it go and allow Jadda to simply bow out with grace and dignity.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
To clarify things for you:
1. There is no post from me blasting Fennelly for not playing Emily Durr. Don't make stuff up.
2. I don't know why Jadda is leaving - I'm criticizing Fennelly and his staff for not celebrating her 4 year career as a Cyclone, all because she didn't stay for her last year. It's petty.
3. Regarding your repeated claim that "tampering was evident" with Fernstrom: that's a serious charge, where's the proof? Otherwise, don't make stuff up.
4. The main point of my preceding post: you choose to back Bill at every turn - I and others are not that way. Disagree with a point of view fine, but they are just as good as yours.

I never said YOU criticized Fennelly about Durr. I was making generalizations about the constant criticism of him.

What did you expect Fennelly to do? Ask everyone to come to Hilton for a 5 minute celebration speech? You're being nitpicky. For all you know Jadda asked for nothing more to be said.

As for tampering...don't accuse me of making things up if you don't know yourself. Some people have connections you aren't aware of.

And the last point you mention makes mine. You seem to think I back Bill at every turn and that means you don't pay attention. Perhaps you should start.

• Agree

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I will say it again, sounds like perfect grad transfer situation unless she really wants to stop playing basketball or has to due to injuries

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Too true, but not too many get done at ISU in 4 years for their undergrad :)

I am thinking for our women's team members four years and a degree is the normal, which is a very good thing. You have the summer sessions and a degree is a real goal for the gals and the program.

Full Disclosure: It took me a summer session and an extra quarter. :rolleyes:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Easily one of the most attractive players ever at ISU...and awesome to watch play. Double whammy!

I'll crawl in my dirty old man hole now...

She'd definitely up there I agree but I would probably put Mary Fox at the top of the list. Anne O'Neil and like someone else already mentioned Erica Junod were pretty attractive too. Chelsea Poppens dressed up pretty nice too if you ever saw her in normal clothes.

Sorry to derail the convo, it's a Friday so found this reply interesting...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I get it - you support Fennelly at every turn - including personally attacking a student-athlete who dared to choose path away from him: Bryanna Fernstrom. Let the rest of us who don't deify Fennelly post our thoughts too. Resist the urge to be such a control freak.
Jadda Buckley was a great player for us, and there nothing but a terse press release acknowledging her career. Yeah, that raises questions.

Don't even compare JB and Fernstrom as those are 2 ENTIRELY different situations. Jadda has been here 4 years and doesn't owe the program or the fans anything more just because she can use a 5th year so she has fulfilled her commitment and unless new information comes out that says otherwise we have to respect she is ready to move onto her next chapter in life after graduation. As for Fernstrom she left in the middle of a season so if you want to claim someone being selfish there is a perfect example of abandoning your team right before Big 12 play. There obviously was some turmoil there too, there have been no proof thus far that there was any turmoil with Jadda so to compare the 2 is comparing apples to oranges.

I love how people just spread rumors and hearsay around without actually knowing anything. It does no one any good, unless someone has good information and is willing to back it with how they know it then speculation like this is just garbage and unproductive to be discussing.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Don't even compare JB and Fernstrom as those are 2 ENTIRELY different situations. Jadda has been here 4 years and doesn't owe the program or the fans anything more just because she can use a 5th year so she has fulfilled her commitment and unless new information comes out that says otherwise we have to respect she is ready to move onto her next chapter in life after graduation. As for Fernstrom she left in the middle of a season so if you want to claim someone being selfish there is a perfect example of abandoning your team right before Big 12 play. There obviously was some turmoil there too, there have been no proof thus far that there was any turmoil with Jadda so to compare the 2 is comparing apples to oranges.

I love how people just spread rumors and hearsay around without actually knowing anything. It does no one any good, unless someone has good information and is willing to back it with how they know it then speculation like this is just garbage and unproductive to be discussing.
1. I have never used the word "selfish" to describe Jadda Buckely- don't make stuff up. She has been a great, dedicated player for us.
2. You don't know the reasons why Fernstrom left, yet use the word "abandoned" and "selfish" so cavalierly. Talk about "spreading rumors and hearsay."

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am thinking for our women's team members four years and a degree is the normal, which is a very good thing. You have the summer sessions and a degree is a real goal for the gals and the program.

Full Disclosure: It took me a summer session and an extra quarter. :rolleyes:

Things have changed quite a bit now. I was just chatting with an admin at my sons HS and she was mentioning that my son could easily have the first semester done by the end of HS. From AP classes

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Things have changed quite a bit now. I was just chatting with an admin at my sons HS and she was mentioning that my son could easily have the first semester done by the end of HS. From AP classes

That is nuts how that is possible these days. I've heard of some kids graduating high school with as many as 20 college credits already done before they get on campus too. That's a huge bonus if a kid can shorten their stay at college by a full semester or even year possibly. I was just thrilled to be able to test out of a 3 credit English class during college orientation and wish I was able to take some college credit level classes back in HS like some kids can today.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That is nuts how that is possible these days. I've heard of some kids graduating high school with as many as 20 college credits already done before they get on campus too. That's a huge bonus if a kid can shorten their stay at college by a full semester or even year possibly. I was just thrilled to be able to test out of a 3 credit English class during college orientation and wish I was able to take some college credit level classes back in HS like some kids can today.

Right with you. My niece who is a jr/sr (getting old and can't remember exactly) was a sophomore when she started college. From minny and I think they may be more aggressive up there.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Right with you. My niece who is a jr/sr (getting old and can't remember exactly) was a sophomore when she started college. From minny and I think they may be more aggressive up there.

My grandson who will be a senior next year at ISU started as a sophomore with the credits he had from high school and classes at DMACC while still in HS.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
http://college.usatoday.com/2015/12...h-why-students-are-taking-longer-to-graduate/

average is 6 years. I know that doesn't apply to most athletes....but I was just kind of joking, but there is a reason why there are "suggested" academic programs for athletes. I know for me at ISU my architecture undegrad requirement was around 170 credit hours. My father really tried had to tell me to do something else where I could almost have a master's degree in that amount of time....should have listened to him....

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012

Talk about speculation, the first statement was speculation and pure garbage. Fernstrom was hurt in the exchange also, so abandonment wasn't the only thing going on here. You are speculating who is at fault here, and so unless you have proof it is garbage.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron