Jaquan Bailey interview on TDN

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I’m kinda disappointed they didn’t give him a combine invite. He’s definitely a project at the next level, but thought he at least warranted that.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’m kinda disappointed they didn’t give him a combine invite. He’s definitely a project at the next level, but thought he at least warranted that.
Just curious. What’s the value to the “Combine” invite this year, since they’re utilizing Senior Days anyway?

Perhaps I misunderstood this year’s process.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Just curious. What’s the value to the “Combine” invite this year, since they’re utilizing Senior Days anyway?

I think it was mainly the recognition aspect.

“This is the list of people who would be invited to the combine if one were being held.” Which is what they gave Soehner. About 330 players I believe, meaning these are the players they see likely having a good chance to being drafted.

Not to say there’s not several guys every year who get drafted in spite of not getting the invite.

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018

I believe the way it works to get a combine invite is if 20 or so teams (not sure of the exact number) have a draftable grade on a player then they get an invitation. Just showing a higher likelihood that guy will end up being drafted. Other than that this year I don’t think it does have any other meaning or purpose.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I think anybody who gets 25 sacks in power 5 in their college career should be "draftable". Sure he's 6-2 260lb which isn't a monstrous frame but there are DEs that big (or smaller) in the league. Elvis Dumervil, Shaq Barrett, even von miller isn't a big DE for DE standards.

What is unique about Jaquan to me.....is he is still very stiff against the run, which is an underrated part of the DE skillset.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Really nice sales pitch on himself in answering the final question.

Reactions: Lyon309Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron