Jeff Beverly

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Has a little Ejim in his game....good turn around jumper. Looks a little stiff at times.

Has a good looking 3 point shot.

Be interesting to see how he develops as he gets more used to the college game.

Thus ends my scouting report as a certified couch analyst...based off a 3 minute highlight clip.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Has a little Ejim in his game....good turn around jumper. Looks a little stiff at times.

Has a good looking 3 point shot.

Be interesting to see how he develops as he gets more used to the college game.

Thus ends my scouting report as a certified couch analyst...based off a 3 minute highlight clip.

He is a grad transfer. He played juco ball and then went to play football at UTSA because he wasn't getting D1 bball offers and ended up walking on to the UTSA team and was their best player.

• Informative
Reactions: WhatchaGonnaDo

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
He has one, but it doesn't go in very often (23% from 3). I think that highlight reel showed all 22 of his 3's made but none of the 73 others that didn't go in.
I wonder if it's somewhat the system they play. Look at their roster. The whole team shot bad. It's a decent looking shot.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
He has one, but it doesn't go in very often (23% from 3). I think that highlight reel showed all 22 of his 3's made but none of the 73 others that didn't go in.

That would be a fun highlight reel.

It is pretty hard to take much from a highlight reel where his team is repeatedly far behind and you don't know what kind of defense is actually being played against them. If Prohm sees a fit for him, that's good enough for me. He's earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

Reactions: Cyclonic1

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Why are we saying he has an outside game when he shoots 23% from 3 against worst competition? Sounds like he is the guy they will give open looks for on purpose.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
He is a grad transfer. He played juco ball and then went to play football at UTSA because he wasn't getting D1 bball offers and ended up walking on to the UTSA team and was their best player.

Yes, I'm aware he is a grad transfer.

Based on the article I read he played 1 year of JUCO ball and 1 year at UTSA...and I don't know how much stock I would put in him being the best player at UTSA...they won 5 games the year before.

Just saying he doesn't have the experience of a normal grad transfer with only 2 years of college ball and 1 of those was at a JUCO. He's basically entering his Junior year of college basketball...

Edit: Aaaaand I stand corrected...I thought TAMU-CC was a JUCO. Still not a lot of experience though.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
My guess: Juiston is coming here. Beverly is a backup player, not a starter.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why are we saying he has an outside game when he shoots 23% from 3 against worst competition? Sounds like he is the guy they will give open looks for on purpose.

Because he can dribble a basketball to at least start out on the perimeter.

Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
His game looks more like Bowie than Burton imo. Bigger, but also not as athletic than Bowie. Burton was a guard with forward size (at least weight and length). This guy is definitely a forward, and like Bowie he can operate away from the paint without tripping over himself.

His usage percentage is so high that it's probable his very bad shooting numbers partially stem from "needing" to take bad shots. Highlight tapes rarely show you the norm, but that shot selection...Oof, no wonder he shot poorly.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
The fluidity in that highlight snippet bears a vague similarity to Jeff Grayer. However, the .397 FG% does not.