Jeff Beverly

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This is the oddest thing to post. If Juiston committed to Iowa St today, then he obviously would want to be here as well, and we'd be slobbering on his knob, instead of bashing him.

These aren't professionals that get traded, so they're forced to play with a new team. They choose where they want to go.
It's not entirely odd, he has a point. If Juiston really wanted to be at ISU he would have committed during his visit or shortly after. He continued taking visits to see what else was out there. Perhaps he would find something better. Even some people in the long thread were stating how weird the recruiting process with him was going because it was like he was almost waiting for more offers to come his way to see what else he could get. Meanwhile, Beverly has come out publicly and stated he wants to play at ISU and he doesn't even have an offer yet. He's putting himself out there and that goes a long ways.

I would have loved to have Juiston come here, but that ship has sailed. Now, we have a 6'6" 250lb 21 year old who averaged 16 pts and 6 rbs in D-1 last season wanting to come play for ISU? Sign him up, please!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I like him, big fat a$$, which we could use, good hands. I think he can play, not a 39 minute guy but could give you 20 a game. Not clear to me why people so down on him.

A fat ass is really underrated. Although, I bet the staff would try to get him to drop some lbs to try to max out his quickness.

I like that he's at least comfortable on the perimeter even if his 3pt shot isn't great. Even if he doesn't have a great jumper, he's probably gonna be more comfortable than Solo, Lard, or Kasongo.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
It's not entirely odd, he has a point. If Juiston really wanted to be at ISU he would have committed during his visit or shortly after. He continued taking visits to see what else was out there. Perhaps he would find something better. Even some people in the long thread were stating how weird the recruiting process with him was going because it was like he was almost waiting for more offers to come his way to see what else he could get. Meanwhile, Beverly has come out publicly and stated he wants to play at ISU and he doesn't even have an offer yet. He's putting himself out there and that goes a long ways.

I would have loved to have Juiston come here, but that ship has sailed. Now, we have a 6'6" 250lb 21 year old who averaged 16 pts and 6 rbs in D-1 last season wanting to come play for ISU? Sign him up, please!
I agree, but he said he'd rather have players that want to be here, as opposed to those that don't. That's not really saying anything at all, because every player that doesn't want to be here, isn't going to be here. I would still rather have Juiston than Beverly, and yesterday most everyone here would say the same, so what's the difference today?

• Friendly
Reactions: cyclonedave25

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I agree, but he said he'd rather have players that want to be here, as opposed to those that don't. That's not really saying anything at all, because every player that doesn't want to be here, isn't going to be here. I would still rather have Juiston than Beverly, and yesterday most everyone here would say the same, so what's the difference today?

Yeah, I don't expect Beverly to be much more than Bowie, but I did say before I'd rather have Morrow than Juiston and I still believe that. I'll be sad if he goes to Marquette.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Yeah, I don't expect Beverly to be much more than Bowie, but I did say before I'd rather have Morrow than Juiston and I still believe that. I'll be sad if he goes to Marquette.

Juiston is a great Juco player. Would he average 18 points and 10 rebounds playing D1 against the likes of Kansas or Oklahoma ect??? Highly unlikely at least the first year. Maybe 10 and 5. I'd take Morrow in a heartbeat over Juiston any day.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This development should be helpful in recruiting Morrow.

Yeah, the problem is that both Marquette and Xavier have a space for Morrow. That being said, I suspect Marquette is lying to Morrow because I don't see slap the floor Wojo ever letting Hauser play defense on the perimeter allowing Morrow to be the 4.

Xavier has Kaiser Gates and Tyrique Jones so they're not exactly looking for a starter type like we are.

Last edited:

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
When I hear Beverly say he wants to be a Cyclone I'm hoping that means he wants to come in the early summer, change his physique by gaining muscle and losing fat and spend hours shooting in the gym like Thomas, Long, Niang etc. I don't think Bowie or Holden bought into that part of the game until mid-season. If Beverly does that he could be one of the 8 key contributors that make a late season run leading to an NCAA bid and a surprising appearance in the elite 8.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

You realize he visited UNLV before us right? By your logic, he doesn't really want to go there since he didn't commit on or directly after that visit. He visited two other schools after he visited UNLV.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm excited about the potential of Lard and Kasongo to go w/ Young, and getting Beverly might complement it well. Roster has good talent in the backcourt, if 4/5 is "by committee" rotation, we're in decent shape.

With Beverly, as it sits, I think we've got a decent shot at the tournament. Just depends on how quickly all the new parts gel. Add Brown and I'm feeling like it goes from decent to likely.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isutrevman

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
So Beverly wants to play here and has experience playing D1 ball although at a lower level. I don't think it is fair to say that he is a Holden or Bowie type player and we need to cut him some slack.

SJ played juco only.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
This is the oddest thing to post. If Juiston committed to Iowa St today, then he obviously would want to be here as well, and wasted talent would be slobbering on his knob, instead of bashing him.

These aren't professionals that get traded, so they're forced to play with a new team. They choose where they want to go.

FIFY.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Juiston is a great Juco player. Would he average 18 points and 10 rebounds playing D1 against the likes of Kansas or Oklahoma ect??? Highly unlikely at least the first year. Maybe 10 and 5. I'd take Morrow in a heartbeat over Juiston any day.
Morrow averaged 9 and 7 at Nebraska. Isn't that about the same?

Reactions: isutrevman