Jesse Palmer

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
With all the talk about Dr. Lou on here recently and how bad Mark May is....I gotta say I'm a really big Jesse Palmer fan. Guy is just a solid announcer on those Thursday games and is a solid analyst. Him and John Saunders make a really solid team. Anyone else share these thoughts?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I agree, he knows his stuff and tells it to you without the showmanship. Sorta like Herbby was when he started.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
With all the talk about Dr. Lou on here recently and how bad Mark May is....I gotta say I'm a really big Jesse Palmer fan. Guy is just a solid announcer on those Thursday games and is a solid analyst. Him and John Saunders make a really solid team. Anyone else share these thoughts?

I totally agree on this. He's in the studio tonight, but he called the Civil War game on thur. His detailed description of the run option and his insight on using stacked-receivers and explaining various offensive sets is really informative. He's becoming, IMO, one of the best FB analysts - either in the studio, or calling a game.

stepha4

May 3, 2006
I couldn't disagree more. I always turn down the sound on Thursday night games....can't stand either Jesse or Craig. I feel sorry for Chris Fowler.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
At least Jesse is serious and worth listening to. Holtz and May and all their silly shtick's are so annoying and lame. College Football Final appeals to the lowest common denominator and is embarrassing at times.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006

You just like his hair.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I agree, the guy is pretty solid. He doesn't have any schtick and he's not an apparent homer for any team or conference. Like someone said, kind of a younger Herbie.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
At least Jesse is serious and worth listening to. Holtz and May and all their silly shtick's are so annoying and lame. College Football Final appeals to the lowest common denominator and is embarrassing at times.

you are exactly right. I used to love watching College Football Final. I want hi-lies and some analysis. I don't want Dr. Lou and whatever that court thing is that theydo. stupid. I think Palmer is pretty good.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I used to love watching College Football Final. I want hi-lies and some analysis. I don't want Dr. Lou and whatever that court thing is that theydo. stupid.

I do NOT like the Dr. Lou segment; I LOVE the court cases. I missed the (evidently negative) recent Mark May threads but really like him. All in all, College Football Final is great...

I can't take Jesse Palmer seriously after that horrible Bachelor show...