NSCR: Jimmie wins 7

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
That caution that set up the big wreck at the end was bogus imo.

I was pulling for Logano but it's cool to see Jimmie win 7

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not really into NASCAR but damn that's impressive.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Good for Jimmie. With the Chase it has changed how the championship is won. Chad and Jimmie have it figured out.

The real question is how far does NASCAR have to fall before Brian France is replaced? Under his watch NASCAR has pretty much been in a free fall.

• Agree
Reactions: ghettocowboy4cy

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
I'm an Elliott fan, But was hoping cousin Carl would of won! Also glad to see that baby Lagono not win!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...trump-sponsor-tv-ratings-attendance/94163996/

What you don't realize, or maybe you do realize, we report our attendance, right? We have publicly traded companies. We don't have publicly financed facilities for the most part,” he said. “All the other leagues have that benefit, so they can discount tickets, give them away. That's not reported. So we're in a little bit of a double standard on that, number one.

Good for you, but the problem is I can look into the stands and see empty seats, even at places that tickets were hard to get 10 years ago.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
France can blather all he wants. The fact that there is no title sponsor lined up for a series starting in ~90 days after a two year search speaks volumes.

Jeff is gone, Tony is now gone.....Jr. gave them a glimpse of what the sport was like this year without many of his fans watching, and I believe he will not be racing much longer either. After which I predict the sport completely disintegrates because those fans are not shifting to new drivers nor is the sport attracting new eyes. I still see nothing but disdain for the "new" system. France has been a disaster as chairman.

Reactions: cycloneworld

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
France can blather all he wants. The fact that there is no title sponsor lined up for a series starting in ~90 days after a two year search speaks volumes.

Jeff is gone, Tony is now gone.....Jr. gave them a glimpse of what the sport was like this year without many of his fans watching, and I believe he will not be racing much longer either. After which I predict the sport completely disintegrates because those fans are not shifting to new drivers nor is the sport attracting new eyes. I still see nothing but disdain for the "new" system. France has been a disaster as chairman.

100% right on here. With Tony now gone, I need to find a new driver. I'll probably migrate over to Harvick since he drives for SHR and actually has some fire (ie. personality). But NASCAR went too corporate IMO. No one wants to do anything to piss off sponsors and it shows on and off the track.

But NASCAR won't disintegrate - they are getting over $1 billion from NBC, that makes up for a lot. And while attendance is off, they still draw over 3 million people per year which is a ton. I've been an advocate for a shorter season but no way that happens with the deals in place now.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I 100% agree with the fact that NASCAR is headed downwards, unfortunately. Empty seats all over this year, ratings are low. I pretty much stopped watching after my driver didn't make the chase. I would like to see the Cup Series make a visit to Iowa, but I don't see it happening.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
The common fan has been priced out of the race track. It's serious cash just to go a ******* XBuschWide race when I could spend $15 for a night of fun racing at Knoxville.

As far as TV goes...NBC did wonders for the NHL, so maybe they'll start doing that with NASCAR? However, the ratings show the opposite. It doesn't look good.