Joel Lanning is the Mike Linebacker

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
I like the ol Joeldozer in the middle. Northrup, Harvey, Sutton should do well playing on either side of him I would think. Not hitting the panic button just yet.

Reactions: Cyclonic1

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Something people either forget or didn't know is that Joel was offered a scholarship to play LB at Nebraska. Say what you will about them, but they don't just offer whoever. So, Joel making the switch and taking over the reigns isn't really all that surprising.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
This is alarming, however Joel is an outstanding athlete, and I hope he exceeds in every way what we've gotten out of that position since probably George graduated.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
the two Mike linebackers we had on our depth chart, Kane Seeley and Brian Mills, are no longer on the team due to graduation and moving on. I'm guessing Joel is athletic and probably sees the game slower/understands a little better than Tymar Sutton right now. I assume Sutton will still get plenty of game time and develop during the year.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Something people either forget or didn't know is that Joel was offered a scholarship to play LB at Nebraska. Say what you will about them, but they don't just offer whoever. So, Joel making the switch and taking over the reigns isn't really all that surprising.

that is all true... but we have a #1 Mike with zero playing experience in College, on the defensive side of the ball.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I'd still say a little "surprising" but not "shocking". However, good points IMHO.

We might have a LB now playing LB rather then a LB playing QB? ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron