Just a general question about President Leath

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I know almost nothing about him. But to those who are happy with his departure, be careful what you wish for. We could end up with a president who doesn't support athletics at a very fragile time for two of our top programs: Football on the rise and basketball trying to maintain.
220px-Gordon_Eaton_USGS.png

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
Have you been on campus lately? To say its overcrowded would be an understatement. Student housing is a complete cluster, finding a place to study at the library during the day is near impossible, and I rarely attempt to go to the recreation centers anytime before 10pm because of how busy they are.

But yeah, go ahead and expand enrollment further so people can have a pissing match about which state school is the biggest.

The BOR controls the acceptance criteria, not the school. It would actually be in ISU favor to be able to raise the standards. They could theoretically raise tuition more if it was harder to get it. Graduates would be in more demand.

The fact that the BOR holds that acceptance criteria card and doesn't fund ISU and U of I equally on a per student basis is what is wrong with current system. This is the basis of ISU pushback to the funding arrangement in place for the past 7-10 years.