Just joined

BearDownAZ

May 27, 2014
Born and raised in Des Moines, went to University of Arizona though, and have been a Wildcat fan since Salim Stoudamire was balling for us back in 2004. Moved back to DSM after college and hear about and watch a ton of ISU BB. Fun team to watch and talk about, though the saturation of fans here makes them a bit annoying at times, but that happens in any city with any team.

I love Fred Hoiberg and how he owns the transfer market, and his brand of up tempo, unselfish basketball. Would be awesome to see a ISU vs AZ game in the tourney sometime. Almost happened two years ago if not for the refs calling anything in Craft's favor.

Anyways, not a troll just cuz i'm not a die hard cyclone, but this program is heading into some exciting times, and I'd love to see Self's streak end.

Bear Down Arizona!

Reactions: Wesley

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Also, these fellas are usually pretty nice to non ISU fans. Just don't be a ******. And always remember, Airbag is the most well loved non ISU fan here, so don't even think about it.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The Arizona Golden Bears. Wait, that's not right...

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Zona darn near snagged Fred from ISU back in the day. I remember Fred saying the Wildcats were one of his top considerations when he was being recruited. That's where he first met Kevin Ollie too, on that recruiting trip.

BearDownAZ

May 27, 2014
Zona darn near snagged Fred from ISU back in the day. I remember Fred saying the Wildcats were one of his top considerations when he was being recruited. That's where he first met Kevin Ollie too, on that recruiting trip.

Yup, Lute had Ollie and Hoiberg on the same visit and said whoever said yes first got the scholarship. Neither gave an answer, and he gave the 'ship instead to Damon Stoudamire

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
PointGuardU, you'll be alright with me as long as you aren't one of those annoying U of A fans who knows nothing about the rest of the university's athletic programs. I've met way too many Arizona fans down here who are just as bad as Husker fans, just in reverse. Husker fans get a bad rap around these parts for their ridiculously obsessive focus on their football program, but they have absolutely zero interest in their hoops team (or god forbid any other athletic program). Some U of A fans are just as bad, just in reverse fashion. During football season, I'll try to have a conversation with them about Rich Rod's team and their closest point of reference is how Nick Foles plays for the Eagles now.

Oh, and you owe us all a beer for Ryan Anderson.

BearDownAZ

May 27, 2014
PointGuardU, you'll be alright with me as long as you aren't one of those annoying U of A fans who knows nothing about the rest of the university's athletic programs. I've met way too many Arizona fans down here who are just as bad as Husker fans, just in reverse. Husker fans get a bad rap around these parts for their ridiculously obsessive focus on their football program, but they have absolutely zero interest in their hoops team (or god forbid any other athletic program). Some U of A fans are just as bad, just in reverse fashion. During football season, I'll try to have a conversation with them about Rich Rod's team and their closest point of reference is how Nick Foles plays for the Eagles now.

Oh, and you owe us all a beer for Ryan Anderson.

Dude arrived in Tucson on the last day of classes for the year for the students. I'm pretty sure there was probably some Jesus Shuttlesworth action going on, so don't take it personal

arizona9.jpg

Attachments

• Arizona-girls.jpg
    Arizona-girls.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron