K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
K-State boards are picking up on a rumor that Kansas State vs. Iowa State has been selected as the season opening game in Ireland in 2025. (It would mean K-State would lose a home game.)

I think a Week 0 game would be on August 23, 2025, for the serious planners-ahead.

Anybody heard anything about this on our side? Still squarely in rumor zone here.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
K-State boards are picking up on a rumor that Kansas State vs. Iowa State has been selected as the season opening game in Ireland in 2025. (It would mean K-State would lose a home game.)

I think a Week 0 game would be on August 23, 2025, for the serious planners-ahead.

Anybody heard anything about this on our side? Still squarely in rumor zone here.

I'm assuming it's the 2025 version of this game? https://collegefootballireland.com/

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I'm assuming it's the 2025 version of this game? https://collegefootballireland.com/

Nebraska vs. Illinois (2022) and Notre Dame vs. Navy (2023) have been in this slot. Georgia Tech is playing Florida State in Ireland this year. But they don't have a game announced yet for 2025. After two of the three games have been B1G and ACC conference games, it makes sense that a Big 12 conference game could be next.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik4Cy

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
wut. no offense to k-state but you'd think they (also who is they) would pick a larger brand than them /s

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Oh man this place was a madhouse after they announced we wouldn’t play K State for 1 year 3 years down the road. Now if a they put Farmageddon in Ireland in Week 0? JP better turn the notifications off.

• Funny
Reactions: CascadeClone

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Oh man this place was a madhouse after they announced we wouldn’t play K State for 1 year 3 years down the road. Now if a they put Farmageddon in Ireland in Week 0? JP better turn the notifications off.
I hate it more for the fact that we will have to play another good team in September, which is typically the time of year our football team takes vacation.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

Welp, guess I know what I’m saving my credit card points for

Reactions: khardbored

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
If I recall correctly, the game is sponsored by an Irish Tourism entity.

Maybe they feel KSU & ISU fans will travel in droves to Ireland. And are willing to pay the schools generously!

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I'd be beyond thrilled if this is true. Sign me TF up right now.

That said, I'd be pissed if we were losing a home game so I feel for our purple clad friends.

Reactions: OscarBerkshire

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It seems like more and more schools are doing this and ISU is the latest to join the trend. I nominate Cyclone Larry!

The Iowa State Athletics Department is seeking energetic, confident and professional individuals capable of working in a fast-paced environment to serve as the Host announcer at Cyclone football games. The In-Stadium host will be responsible for presenting in-game promotions and features, conducting interviews and adding to the overall excitement of the fan’s experience.
Responsibilities
  • Serve as the on-camera host during Iowa State home football games.
  • Work all scheduled home football games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events.
  • Memorize all scripts and information in order to deliver a flawless performance.
  • Conduct live hits from various locations in and around Jack Trice Stadium.
  • Closely monitor the game flow and on-field action at all times.
  • Be an engaging communicator who can interact with fans of all ages and abilities.
  • Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the ISU brand.

• Winner
Reactions: Cycsk