K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Schedule...would you rather have A or B?

-A- (current)
8/23 K-State (Ireland)
8/30 South Dakota
9/6 Iowa
9/13 at Arkansas State
9/20 or 9/27 conference play

-B-
8/23 K-State (Ireland)
8/30 open
9/6 Iowa
9/13 at Arkansas State
9/20 South Dakota
9/27 conference play
A. Especially if you don't start conference play until 9/27.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I think our program has grown beyond these type of home-and-home games. Hope JP buys out the 2025 game and makes it another home game for us.
I wouldn't count on it. We just played @ Ohio last season. I believe JP said once that the home-and-home scheduling saves ISU approximately 1 to 1.5 mil per instance.

I'd bet we still play @ Arkansas State in '25

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I wouldn't count on it. We just played @ Ohio last season. I believe JP said once that the home-and-home scheduling saves ISU approximately 1 to 1.5 mil per instance.

I'd bet we still play @ Arkansas State in '25

I still struggle to see the benefit. The money from tickets alone should make that up, not to mention the economic impact to Ames.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
We got randomly selected and bumped to business class when flying Aer Lingus from Dublin to Chicago, and can confirm that business class really is that much better than flying coach.
I would never fly coach for that distance again. Did Business class to Ireland and back and was so much more comfortable and rested. It is pricey, but so worth it in my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
For sure. Dublin to Cork is 3.5 hours by car and you can explore the castles and countrysides of Kilkenny and Tipperary on the way.

Galway is just under 3 by car. I hear that pints and a music session at Dolan’s are worth the trip, plus the fun of the city and beauty of the coast.

Could always hop on a cheap Ryanair flight too
We flew into Dublin and took the train from there to Cork to pick up an automatic shift rental. Manual shift vehicles are a huge thing in Ireland. And remember you drive on the other side of the road there. I had to have an automatic as so much to try to pay attention to as it is when driving. We started out easier getting one in Cork and driving out from there to western coast. Gradually get used to it.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
We flew into Dublin and took the train from there to Cork to pick up an automatic shift rental. Manual shift vehicles are a huge thing in Ireland. And remember you drive on the other side of the road there. I had to have an automatic as so much to try to pay attention to as it is when driving. We started out easier getting one in Cork and driving out from there to western coast. Gradually get used to it.
Automatic shift would be appreciated in this area (Ring of Kerry)
istockphoto-1295074713-1024x1024.jpg
Cliffs of Mohrer:
Cliffs-Of-Moher-OBriens-From-South.JPG

Reactions: MugNight

Ernie D

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2019
Saw on internet that K St receiving 2.25 million for the game. Wonder if ISU receiving similar? Would think then need to pay all expenses from that. Seems on high side, but they did give up home game.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Automatic shift would be appreciated in this area (Ring of Kerry)
View attachment 128418
Cliffs of Mohrer:
View attachment 128419
We went to the Cliffs at like 10:30pm (June) and was still light. The visitor center was closed, but we didn't want to see that anyway. Winds coming off the ocean were cranking and we had a hard time just walking. Wind chill was in the 40s. We did not get to do the Ring of Kerry. Next time we will. Also with the manual shift cars, you are sitting on the opposite side of car from here in US and so you are forced to shift left handed. I am a righty, so another reason we chose to search for the automatic. We ended up with a hybrid Toyota car (I believe it was a Camry). Worked out great.

• Informative
Reactions: farm85

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Saw on internet that K St receiving 2.25 million for the game. Wonder if ISU receiving similar? Would think then need to pay all expenses from that. Seems on high side, but they did give up home game.

Can you take a payoff from a game like this and directly pay players under NIL? Seemed a few of the basketball preseason tourneys were going to try something similar, but unsure if they preceded with it or not.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Huskers got $250k when they played there as the "away" team

Northwestern will be well-compensated for sacrificing that home game, according to John Anthony, the founder and CEO of Anthony Travel and director of Irish American Events Limited, which arranged the contracts for this game. As a private school, Northwestern is exempt from having to disclose such agreements, but Anthony said it is receiving "the lion's share of the economic benefits" for its role as the home team.

In addition to having most of its expenses covered, Nebraska will receive $250,000 from the organizers, according to a contract USA TODAY Sports obtained from the university through an open records request.

Reactions: Messi

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Schedule...would you rather have A or B?

-A- (current)
8/23 K-State (Ireland)
8/30 South Dakota
9/6 Iowa
9/13 at Arkansas State
9/20 or 9/27 conference play

-B-
8/23 K-State (Ireland)
8/30 open
9/6 Iowa
9/13 at Arkansas State
9/20 South Dakota
9/27 conference play
Give me the open date later in the season where it can actually be useful. Having two open dates this year evenly spaced in the season could be very useful for resetting and getting over nagging injuries.

Reactions: CascadeClone

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
As long as it is not costing us anything to travel over there, I'm good if KSU gets more.

• Agree
Reactions: cysmiley

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
I still struggle to see the benefit. The money from tickets alone should make that up, not to mention the economic impact to Ames.
Season Tickets plus donations are not based on number of games, so only gain is number of additional non- season tickets sold, vs, Arkansas State.....not much!!!

• Informative
Reactions: chuckd4735

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Yeah, have driven in England. Australia and New Zealand. After first 10 mile or so, am good to go, except turn signals, am invariably turning on windscreen (LOL) wipers and have to correct to turn signals!

Edit: Every time it elicits a ****, F**k, or damn, wife says calm down!:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Give me the open date later in the season where it can actually be useful. Having two open dates this year evenly spaced in the season could be very useful for resetting and getting over nagging injuries.

And there will be 3 in 2025. Right now, it'll be 4 straight games to open the season (plus travel recovery), and then 8 games over the last 11 weeks.