K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I have a Scotland/Northern Ireland/Ireland trip on my mind in the next few years anyway. Not sure if taking the kids out of school for 10 days is acceptable, is it? It's not like you learn much in elementary school, right?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I have a Scotland/Northern Ireland/Ireland trip on my mind in the next few years anyway. Not sure if taking the kids out of school for 10 days is acceptable, is it? It's not like you learn much in elementary school, right?

If you planned it so the game was the end of your trip would they really miss that much? Our first day of school is August 23rd (half day) and this game (this year) is on August 24th. Just spend the 10 days prior there & you're golden!

• Creative
Reactions: NickTheGreat

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Think of the History, Geography and culture they will see first hand! Take them to a Castle! They will be show and tell heroes when they get back, just don't let them take your Guinness empties to school, leave them in Ireland.:jimlad:

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
.As long as we don’t lose a game at Jack Trice, fine.. but still pretty dumb
Well I think it will help recruiting immensely.

what's really DUMB is home & home w/ crud teams like Arkansas St and Bowling Green. Geezus Pollard. Stop this nonsense

There is absolutely ZERO reason ISU should be traveling to these places and forfeit a 7th home game every other season.. We not only had 6 home games in 2023--we went on the road and lost to FREAKING OHIO.

U of Iowa NEVER stoops this low. This is bush league stuff.
Give them credit. They pay teams like this to travel to Kinnick every season and guarantee 7 home games

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

what's really DUMB is home & home w/ crud teams like Arkansas St and Bowling Green. Geezus Pollard. Stop this nonsense

There is absolutely ZERO reason ISU should be traveling to these places and forfeit a 7th home game every other season.. We not only had 6 home games in 2023--we went on the road and lost to FREAKING OHIO.

Give them credit. They pay teams like this to travel to Kinnick every season and guarantee 7 home games
Okie St plays at Tulsa frequently in seasons of only 6 home games.
KState plays at Tulane this year and only 6 home games.
Utah plays at Utah St this year and only 6 home games.
TCU plays at SMU this year and only 6 home games.

It happens.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Guess what? We don’t have iowas budget. If we did, we wouldn’t be making those road trips.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Not on aer lingus

Just looked on their site for flights from Chicago for late August (this year) and it came out to just over $800/person. That was for Monday to Monday travel, with cheapest flight times, with 2nd tier economy rate option (bottom tier doesn't include a checked bag and has change fees/non-refundable). When you add in drive time/gas/parking in Chicago, you're looking at $1,000/person.

You might be able to get it down a little on a different date (though depending on timing you might have to add a hotel in Chicago on one end), and if you can slum it with only a carry on and a middle seat for 7-8 hours. Point being, $1k/person is probably fairly accurate for most people.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Okie St plays at Tulsa frequently in seasons of only 6 home games.
KState plays at Tulane this year and only 6 home games.
Utah plays at Utah St this year and only 6 home games.
TCU plays at SMU this year and only 6 home games.

It happens.
I get, and agree, with your point that teams need to go on road sometimes

But all those opponents are better teams and fan destinations than ISU going to Jonesboro or bowling green

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Just looked on their site for flights from Chicago for late August (this year) and it came out to just over $800/person. That was for Monday to Monday travel, with cheapest flight times, with 2nd tier economy rate option (bottom tier doesn't include a checked bag and has change fees/non-refundable). When you add in drive time/gas/parking in Chicago, you're looking at $1,000/person.

You might be able to get it down a little on a different date (though depending on timing you might have to add a hotel in Chicago on one end), and if you can slum it with only a carry on and a middle seat for 7-8 hours. Point being, $1k/person is probably fairly accurate for most people.

Looks like DSM-ORD-DUB is in the mid 900s for the time of year around this game in 2024. Maybe there will be a sale at some point but you’re right that the flights are going to cost near 1k.

People should open a new credit card now with a transferable points sign up bonus

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I get, and agree, with your point that teams need to go on road sometimes

But all those opponents are better teams and fan destinations than ISU going to Jonesboro or bowling green
Yep totally agree.

Reactions: Messi

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Was talking to someone with connections in the K-State football program, apparently discussions are ongoing and Fox is pissed that it got leaked

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
K-State boards are picking up on a rumor that Kansas State vs. Iowa State has been selected as the season opening game in Ireland in 2025. (It would mean K-State would lose a home game.)

I think a Week 0 game would be on August 23, 2025, for the serious planners-ahead.

Anybody heard anything about this on our side? Still squarely in rumor zone here.
If ISU and K State aren't going to be playing Gaelic Football in this game what are we even doing here.