K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
Eh, not really.. These are the cheapest particular options for these August dates, and it's just over $700 per. Again, these are the cheapest ticket option which does not include a checked bag, is non-refundable/extra change fees if you need to change, and doesn't allow you to select a seat. Plus Denver is even more inconvenient for anyone near Central IA to get to.

I'm not saying everyone will pay $1,000 for a flight, but the majority will pay near that.

View attachment 127616
Yep really, avoid Monday to Monday. With United (status) I can get free bags and select seats for $650. If flying from smaller airports I'm sure it's a couple hundred more.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yep really, avoid Monday to Monday. With United (status) I can get free bags and select seats for $650. If flying from smaller airports I'm sure it's a couple hundred more.

Ok, so sure - IF you have preferred status & only fly on specific days & only fly from a large airport, you can get there & back for less than a grand. The original comments asked how much would it cost - someone said flights would be a grand - that's true for the majority of people. Nobody said it's impossible to do for less than a grand - you guys are acting like it won't cost near that & that's not the case for most people.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

FTR, flying out of/into Denver to Dublin on Sat/Sun/Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri would cost the same or more than that Monday quote ;).

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
Ok, so sure - IF you have preferred status & only fly on specific days & only fly from a large airport, you can get there & back for less than a grand. The original comments asked how much would it cost - someone said flights would be a grand - that's true for the majority of people. Nobody said it's impossible to do for less than a grand - you guys are acting like it won't cost near that & that's not the case for most people.
You can get a credit card and it cost nothing to get the status. It's also really not to hard to avoid flying on Monday you have like 6 other days to pick.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Look up the Ulster plantations, when the GB gov't sent over scots to farm in Ireland and displace the local population, I'd bet a lot that's where the "Scottish" came in.

If you see “Scots-Irish” show up in your ancestry this is where it came from.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Guinness is an incredibly easy drinking beer. Lots of people act like it's some kind of heavy beer and nothing could be further from the truth. It's basically a light beer, it's just got a lot of flavor punch because of the roasted barley.

Same percentage as light beers in Iowa. Both are 4.2%

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
We thought for generations that we were mostly Irish/German. Then we found out that a good portion of our Irish was actually Scottish that made a couple of generation layover in Ireland. Apparently this is more common than most people know. We had to go back about 600 years to find out. I just learned this in the last year. Kind of crazy.

When your family becomes so much of a problem, the King sends your butts to Ulster:
Border Reivers

Although technically, my surname comes from France with the Normans! Then to the borderlands, then kicked to Ulster, then fled to the USA.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
We flew non stop from Chicago eight years ago. 3-4 days in Dublin is plenty but why not see the rest of the country? And BTW, Guinness is indeed the best when it’s fresh!
For sure. Dublin to Cork is 3.5 hours by car and you can explore the castles and countrysides of Kilkenny and Tipperary on the way.

Galway is just under 3 by car. I hear that pints and a music session at Dolan’s are worth the trip, plus the fun of the city and beauty of the coast.

Could always hop on a cheap Ryanair flight too

Reactions: carvers4math

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Blum all but confirmed on the Sunday pod that we will be getting the official word about Ireland this week. Message board rumors win again.
What podcast? And roughly what time?

I don't have time to listen to podcasts and would rather just read a transcript but I won't go on that soapbox again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron