Kansas at ISU tonight

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Match is on Fox Sports North and just happened on it after first set. Up 2-0 now and hoping we just close this out over a squad we should maybe be running.

Based on the number of empty seats they should think about making at least one side or maybe everything general admission. Something I've thought about before when at or watching matches the last few years. I get the buying season tickets to support the team and all but over half the seats are empty most of the time (or so it seems to me). Real people in the seats courtside would seem to help the team more than the minimal money they get from season tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: SMP05

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Match is on Fox Sports North and just happened on it after first set. Up 2-0 now and hoping we just close this out over a squad we should maybe be running.

Based on the number of empty seats they should think about making at least one side or maybe everything general admission. Something I've thought about before when at or watching matches the last few years. I get the buying season tickets to support the team and all but over half the seats are empty most of the time (or so it seems to me). Real people in the seats courtside would seem to help the team more than the minimal money they get from season tickets.
I don't like sitting too close to the floor. I have a better vantage point by being a little higher. Even with general admission, that doesn't mean people will sit close.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
3 - set sweep!!! Great match by the Cyclones.
It was a solid win, especially given that Mauck didn't play and Schuler's PT was limited. Brandt had some lapses but she still played well overall. Herbst and Cande were both terrific.

KU has really fallen off since their Final Four run a few years ago.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames

Several years ago, they changed the way reserved season ticket holders had access to their seats. It used to be that your ticket allowed you to sit anywhere in the reserved sections with no assigned seats. If you wanted to sit behind the benches, you absolutely could if you arrived early enough. Then they changed it so you were stuck with whatever garbage seat they gave you. We did that once and had some really odd ducks sitting around us, so we went to the GA sections and have purchased GA seats ever since. It's really pretty stupid on their part since I am now giving the athletic department LESS money for essentially the same mediocre seats. But whatever, I guess.

Congrats to the team on the win! I was busy watching Oakland not show up for their Wild Card game last night and missed it. Should have re-evaluated priorities yesterday. :rolleyes: