NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I either wanted them to go broke and trade the farm for Bowers, or get Worthy.

Who do we think wanted Worthy more than us to justify a trade four 4 spots?

LOL at Bills fans that flew to Detroit and watched their team trade out of two first round picks.
It's only 4 hours between Buffalo and Detroit...

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This is Texas we are talking about here, and they love their football and Rice has a very good lawyer with a lot of political pull. Half those 6 charges will be dropped or dismissed, they will get him for reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident and a minor charge for Mary Jane. The league will suspend him for 6 games and the whole thing will be swept under the rug. Rice will get sued by the company that lent him the Lambo, and by the people that were hurt in the accident and had to go to the hospital. But they were quickly released, and no one was killed.
He will be so lucky if he only gets 6 games! How can a guy be so dumb to nearly (may still) ruin his career before it hardly started?

If he somehow gets out of this with only a suspension of 8 games to even a whole season, lawsuits and monetary settlements, he should thank his lucky stars! He could get another chance and he had better not waste it. The Chiefs may already be moving on though, which will be another huge gaff for Rice.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
He will be so lucky if he only gets 6 games! How can a guy be so dumb to nearly (may still) ruin his career before it hardly started?

If he somehow gets out of this with only a suspension of 8 games to even a whole season, lawsuits and monetary settlements, he should thank his lucky stars! He could get another chance and he had better not waste it. The Chiefs may already be moving on though, which will be another huge gaff for Rice.
The charges don’t warrant more than 6 games

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Rice is young, and has money for most likely the first time in his life, young people do stupid things, hopefully he will learn from it and correct that flaw and move forward. Yes, this is going to cost him some money, but in the end, no one was seriously hurt, so he has at least that going for him. The league will give him a 4/6 week suspension and KC will tell him he has used up his free pass to get out of jail.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If Brown stays healthy and they get Rice back by mid season that is a pretty nice group of WR with Worthy and Brown your 2 speed deep threats and Rice in the slot. Hope not sure who will be there st next pick but if there is still a decent LT that would help fill 2 big needs. CB and backup RB also 2 more depth needs to address.

Hoxsuck

Nov 27, 2020
If Brown stays healthy and they get Rice back by mid season that is a pretty nice group of WR with Worthy and Brown your 2 speed deep threats and Rice in the slot. Hope not sure who will be there st next pick but if there is still a decent LT that would help fill 2 big needs. CB and backup RB also 2 more depth needs to address.
I know of a really good DB that may be available about the time KC is picking…

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I either wanted them to go broke and trade the farm for Bowers, or get Worthy.

Who do we think wanted Worthy more than us to justify a trade four 4 spots?

LOL at Bills fans that flew to Detroit and watched their team trade out of two first round picks.
Sounds like it was the Bills that wanted Worthy. Absolutely hilarious. Eventually they will stop trading picks with us you would think

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I was shocked there were that many tackles drafted in the first round last night. Still going to be decent WR's CBs and OL available when they pick tonight

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Sounds like it was the Bills that wanted Worthy. Absolutely hilarious. Eventually they will stop trading picks with us you would think
I would guess that Buffalo had Worthy, Mitchell and Legette all with the same grade, and did not favor one over the other two and maybe even a 4th WR left on the board. They gambled that even with the trade with KC that one of the WR would still be there at 32 so they picked up a 3rd and gave a 4th and dropped down. Then Carolina called and repeated the process wanting the Legette kid and was willing to trade up one spot and give Buffalo another draft pick.

The Bills take Mitchell or some other WR they like as much with the first pick in the 2nd round, and got 2 extra draft picks to upgrade their team. Smart drafting by them and understanding the wants and needs of other teams and then making it happen.

As a Chiefs fan, I was hoping for either Mitchell or Legette, over Worthy, kid can fly but is very small and can he stay healthy. I guess we will find out.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I would guess that Buffalo had Worthy, Mitchell and Legette all with the same grade, and did not favor one over the other two and maybe even a 4th WR left on the board. They gambled that even with the trade with KC that one of the WR would still be there at 32 so they picked up a 3rd and gave a 4th and dropped down. Then Carolina called and repeated the process wanting the Legette kid and was willing to trade up one spot and give Buffalo another draft pick.

The Bills take Mitchell or some other WR they like as much with the first pick in the 2nd round, and got 2 extra draft picks to upgrade their team. Smart drafting by them and understanding the wants and needs of other teams and then making it happen.

As a Chiefs fan, I was hoping for either Mitchell or Legette, over Worthy, kid can fly but is very small and can he stay healthy. I guess we will find out.
I could agree with this too. And i think Mitchell would have been the bigger body WR that KC has been missing since Juju left, however, I almost wonder if Coleman will be there when they draft in the 2nd round

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Since KC has only one pick tonight, I would really like to see them move up enough to get Tampa, he would be the perfect player for their defense. Tomorrow with the two 4th rounders would love to see Sinnett from KSU and Sweat from UT. Not sure if either is going to be there after tonight, but both would help next year. Then draft a couple of young O lineman to work in for the future.