KANSAS HAS BEEN DESTROYED!!!

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
My KU coworker claims "this game didn't matter".

3oAt2dA6LxMkRrGc0g.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Their ignorant fans deserve nothing less, but I'd rather play #1 than a bubble (at best) team. Oh well, I can take solace from the fact that the least knowledge fans in college basketball are returning to their straw beds preparing for another early exit.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Couldn't have worked out any better for KU. Guaranteed not to drop a seed due to Josh Jackson being out. A full week of rest before the tourney. And a sour taste in their mouth to stew over for the next week in practice. I love it!
I'm guessing Bill Self would disagree with this

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
KU's a pretty thin team. Big dropoffs when they go to the bench. I could easily see a scenario where they run into unfamiliar refs, get into foul trouble, and drop a round of 32 game. Their fans are putting their beaks in the sand right now, but they know they are awfully thin for a 1 seed.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydaddy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think teams can be hurt by 3 tough games in 3 days and then needing to fly across the country for an early Thursday game in comparison to those that get 8 days off and playing locally. That said, we would have beat KU tomorrow anyways- the boo birds avoiding tomorrow makes effectively zero difference for KU. They're chuckers. I'm worried they'll fold in these cavernous neutral arenas once they're not given their usual favorable calls and teams are allowed to get physical with them.

I'm bummed we don't have the opportunity to further build our resume tomorrow, but thank goodness we secured our seed today.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I think teams can be hurt by 3 tough games in 3 days and then needing to fly across the country for an early Thursday game in comparison to those that get 8 days off and playing locally. That said, we would have beat KU tomorrow anyways- the boo birds avoiding tomorrow makes effectively zero difference for KU. They're chuckers. I'm worried they'll fold in these cavernous neutral arenas once they're not given their usual favorable calls and teams are allowed to get physical with them.

I'm bummed we don't have the opportunity to further build our resume tomorrow, but thank goodness we secured our seed today.
Yep. Only one of the four Final Four teams last year won their conference tourney. That's a lot of tough, tourney caliber games to chew through in a short period of time.

Cydaddy

Aug 20, 2012
Will KU still be the #1 seed in the Midwest after Selection Sunday? Yes. It always stinks to lose but the game had no impact on the real tourney at all.
Will KU still be the #1 seed in the Midwest after Selection Sunday? Yes. It always stinks to lose but the game had no impact on the real tourney at all.
My therapist told me that last year after we lost the first game.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
randomfan is starting to mimic the the old Jeff Foxworthy line:

"If you've ever hauled a can of paint to the top of a water tower to defend your sister's honor, you might be a redneck". Just replace sister with KU and redneck with live in Kansas.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
Someone get a gif of the 4 step lay up artist mouthing 'how is that a foul?' after he Junk Yard Dogged TCU's Bane at the end.

I saw that Svi mouthed "how was that a foul," and knew that he really meant "how is that a foul on KU at this point of the game."

Finally, a lot of credit to Bane for hitting all three free throws. I thought that he looked like a really good player for them going forward.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009

44, You should go out to Liberty to that new pastry shop. That may cheer you up. Try one of their new Hertz doughnuts. I thought it was real sweet.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Who is going to make the gif of Mykhailiuk body slamming the shooter and then saying "How is that a foul?" to be used for eternity on CF?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Any lingering desire for KU to win last night ended when Devonte Graham hopped on one foot back to the locker room to have his injured ankle checked out. Go home, rest, heal.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
As a fan of awesome basketball, I'm alittle disappointed we dont get a shot at KU in KC. As an ISU fan who hates KU, Hoorray!!

I couldnt agree more with this, i had a buddy say ISU got lucky arent you happy? Well im not sad but man i would have loved it even more with beating KU on the way to another one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron