Kansas to win or Big 12 to lose?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Pls reread the comments you were responding to...because you didn't really respond to either. Both mine and the other one referred to the fact that the better the Big 12 does, the better it is for ISU. You're projecting this requires some level cheerleadering.

As someone else points out, it doesn't matter if you do or do not support KU winning, their success or failure does reflect on the Big 12 and the perception of quality of play found in conference.
Please re-read MY original response.

My second comment was in response to THIS:
"They'll likely continue to dominate the conference every year and be the only B12 team to do anything on a national level regardless.... And their fans will continue to be arrogant.

It is what it is."

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
When the B12 looks good/strong, it helps the perception of playing in our league with HS kids that live outside of the B12 footprint (which is most of the kids we recruit to ISU).

This is pretty basic stuff IMO.

And yet, has this line of reasoning ever actually worked for the rest of the conference in either football or basketball? No.

So that being said, I don't want KU to have nice things, so **** KU.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Hey, people, news flash: we need the Big 12 to stay strong. You know, considering it was on the verge of collapsing (which would not be good for us). Semi-successful basketball schools with no football strength don't do well in conference realignments, re: UCONN.

Personally, I'd rather not be relegated to the AAC.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
And yet, has this line of reasoning ever actually worked for the rest of the conference in either football or basketball? No.

So that being said, I don't want KU to have nice things, so **** KU.

Would love to know what you use to validate if "actually worked". We are talking about perceptions/opinions outside the conference.

What is your opinion of Big 10 basketball this year? Up or down? Are you saying the fact there is zero Big Ten teams left now makes no difference in people's perception of that conference right now?

• Agree
Reactions: Cynonymous

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I am confused. Part of me hate to see Kansas advance to Elite 8 and a chance to the Final four. But want Big12 presence in Phoenix.
Here, I'll make it easier for ISU fans. If Kansas wins the title and Devonte Graham wins MOP then he likely leaves school early to play pro and thus, ISU's chances next year improve. If KU loses then maybe Graham feels like a Final Four is unfinished business, returns to school and makes it more difficult for ISU to win next year.

Better?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Here, I'll make it easier for ISU fans. If Kansas wins the title and Devonte Graham wins MOP then he likely leaves school early to play pro and thus, ISU's chances next year improve. If KU loses then maybe Graham feels like a Final Four is unfinished business, returns to school and makes it more difficult for ISU to win next year.

Better?
Validate THIS maggot, Cap City? No ******* way.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Love all the KU hate - but I'm sure Jamie will accept the $$$ that their run to the Final Four will net us...

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017

Better?
Looks like only wishful thinking of Kansas fans...no argument in there

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
As of right now, the Big 12 had 6 of the best 64 teams in CBB. 4 in the top 32, and 3 in the top 16. 1 in the top 8, and maybe top 4. That's plenty good for a 10 team conference. Better than the other 10 team conference, which is essentially a built for basketball conference, Big East.

I guess what I'm saying is, F*** Kansas. I'm also happy WVU lost Thursday. Hate seeing Huggy Bear and his maim you style of basketball win. Baylor also very easy to root against with their off court issues. F them all except for the good guys

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Better?

Put me in the camp that doesn't care what Graham does. Quack Quack

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Kansas losing changes nothing about the Big 12's status as a power conference. Ask yourself this...and maybe this is a better question for all of us...
Would Kansas cheer for us if the roles were reversed? And if "No" is the answer...then do we then root for them in this case so we don't stoop to their pathetic level as fans?

Reactions: CyTwins

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Another way to see this:

I like Altman. I like that Oregon hiring Altman got us Fred and made us matter again.

I hate Kansas. They don't do anything for us, outside of providing us with a nice target for an annual win or two.

Quack, quack. Kansas must be destroyed.

Reactions: randomfan44

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Kansas losing changes nothing about the Big 12's status as a power conference. Ask yourself this...and maybe this is a better question for all of us...
Would Kansas cheer for us if the roles were reversed? And if "No" is the answer...then do we then root for them in this case so we don't stoop to their pathetic level as fans?
Flawed logic. I'm a fan of ISU, who happens to be in the Big 12. That has not changed from the days of the Big 8 through the various configurations of the Big 12. The conference may change; my fandom does not. It does not make me less of an ISU fan if I do or do not root for Kansas or any other Big 12 teams.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
ISU needed that epic comeback with an all time amount of threes to finish 4 games behind KU.
And Kansas needed a banked 3 buzzer beater to send it to OT andbeat us a few years ago. I'm not rooting one way or the other because it doesn't matter what I want. If KU plays like they did Thursday, they aren't losing to anyone, plain and simple.

But I was merely pointing out a fact from this season.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015

The perception is not logical or very factual once you dig into it, but that doesn't change the fact that it does happen. Ask yourself this, is there any fan or media reaction around the country once the Big Ten was eliminated from the tournament? Is there any fan reaction thinking the SEC may have been overlooked outside of Kentucky due to results in the tournament? Pac 12 outside of UCLA? We all know that actual facts support a strong Big 12 position year after year. This is merely about perception.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Kansas to win it all would be my choice. What good does their loss or any other team winning do us? At least them winning props of the conference nationally and indirect props up ISU.