Kansas to win or Big 12 to lose?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I will reluctantly and begrudgingly cheer for Kansas, because IMO it is good for the Big 12 and for the financial bottom line. It's also worth mentioning that if they win tonight they will play either North Carolina or Kentucky in the Final Four, neither of whom are programs that are hard to cheer against.

I'd probably cheer for them against Florida as well, if that happens. However, if they play against Gonzaga, Xavier or South Carolina, I'm absolutely cheering against them.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I often root for the Big 12 teams due to familiarity the teams. Like many of us I watch the big 12 more than any other league and know the players of other teams quite well. We've watched Lucas, Graham and Mason in some epic battles with ISU over the years.
This particular KU team isn't all that like able in fact some of their off field actions are concerning. That said KU winning does help ISU's profile and gives an extra NCAA round share which is nice and the only real reason I'd prefer they advance. Of course if they lose it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
This is maybe the most likeable KU team in the last 15 years for me. Just as a fan, watching them play and conduct themselves on the court, I kind of like them.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
This is maybe the most likeable KU team in the last 15 years for me. Just as a fan, watching them play and conduct themselves on the court, I kind of like them.

you-serious-clark-o.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Doc and CyTwins

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I had a lot of respect for Perry Ellis over the past few years. This year, Frank Mason has seemed to be cut of the same cloth. Hard working, not a star recruit - earned his minutes and plays hard without being a jerk. As a whole though, I find very little to like about Frank's teammates, on or off the court in some cases. And I have zero respect for their coach.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Not sure the JHawks can pull this out without BIg 12 officials.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Kansas has been there plenty of times. Oregon hasn't been to the FF for over 70 years. I want to see somebody new along with the Zags. Go Ducks!

Nihawk

Nov 3, 2009
I had a lot of respect for Perry Ellis over the past few years. This year, Frank Mason has seemed to be cut of the same cloth. Hard working, not a star recruit - earned his minutes and plays hard without being a jerk. As a whole though, I find very little to like about Frank's teammates, on or off the court in some cases. And I have zero respect for their coach.
Agree about Ellis.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I would maybe get a tiny amount of joy at a Big 12 team in the Final 4. But for sure I get a lot of joy out of Kansas losing.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Would love to know what you use to validate if "actually worked". We are talking about perceptions/opinions outside the conference.

What is your opinion of Big 10 basketball this year? Up or down? Are you saying the fact there is zero Big Ten teams left now makes no difference in people's perception of that conference right now?

And are you saying that nearly every year that Kentucky makes the Final Four it changes the perception of the strength of the SEC? Nope - most everyone still thinks the SEC is a **** conference - **** that UK transcends because of that program's greatness.

You know what changed the perception of the SEC this year? It wasn't UK's performance - it was 3 teams in the Elite 8 and possibly 2 teams in the Final Four.

Nobody nationally, had KU advanced to the Final Four, would have attributed that to the strength of the Big 12. KU is a blue blood that nationally is evaluated on its own and has very little affect on the opinions of the conference. Want to know what would have increased the strength of the conference? ISU making the Sweet 16 and Baylor and WVU making the Elite 8.

But this whole "we should be cheering for KU because it raises the perception of the conference as a whole" is nothing but a crock full of bull**** perpetuated by KU fans that want to guilt the rest of the conference into cheering for them out of loyalty when in reality they couldn't give two ***** about the rest of us. And for that they can go **** themselves.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bill Self has 3 losses in the Elite 8 when favored by 5 or more points. No other coach has more than 1

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And are you saying that nearly every year that Kentucky makes the Final Four it changes the perception of the strength of the SEC? Nope - most everyone still thinks the SEC is a **** conference - **** that UK transcends because of that program's greatness.

You know what changed the perception of the SEC this year? It wasn't UK's performance - it was 3 teams in the Elite 8 and possibly 2 teams in the Final Four.

Nobody nationally, had KU advanced to the Final Four, would have attributed that to the strength of the Big 12. KU is a blue blood that nationally is evaluated on its own and has very little affect on the opinions of the conference. Want to know what would have increased the strength of the conference? ISU making the Sweet 16 and Baylor and WVU making the Elite 8.

But this whole "we should be cheering for KU because it raises the perception of the conference as a whole" is nothing but a crock full of bull**** perpetuated by KU fans that want to guilt the rest of the conference into cheering for them out of loyalty when in reality they couldn't give two ***** about the rest of us. And for that they can go **** themselves.

Please tell me the above narrative looked like this:

• Funny
Reactions: jdoggivjc

CyFan03

Jun 5, 2010
Ames
I will never, I repeat EVER, cheer for ku. Or hoks. Everyday they lose is like Christmas all over. Merry Christmas everyone!