Ladies Are a 9

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Seriously, dudes, what do you want the NCAA to do, arrest Geno and put him in jail or something? Maybe pay him to throw a Final Four game?

If we win today I am assuming you guys will boycott our next game. :rolleyes:

I will always support OUR program. But I have no interest in watching theirs. If you love that everyone else is left to play for 2nd place, have at it. The best tournament years are the ones where UCONN is NOT involved. There has been very little of that lately. If you don't think the game is stale because of it, I don't know what to tell you.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I have to be honest in saying I had NO idea the women's tournament had started yesterday. I never heard or saw one word about it and I was on ESPN during the day all day watching the men's games.

If you were on ESPN all day, you (1) weren't watching men's basketball and (2) would have seen promos they were running during wrestling and during commercial breaks.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I have to be honest in saying I had NO idea the women's tournament had started yesterday. I never heard or saw one word about it and I was on ESPN during the day all day watching the men's games. Granted, I would have known when the first day was had ISU been playing then instead of today. But I still found it odd that there is simply no buzz. I believe that UCONN has almost single-handedly killed interest in the women's NCAA tournament. Geno can stroke his own ego all he wants, but that program has done more to hurt the women's game than anything else over the last decade. It used to be remarkable how consistent their success was. Now, it's just old news. "UCONN won again? Oh. What's on QVC?" The only people who think 100+ game winning streaks, etc., are good for the sport are either UCONN fans or people who know little to nothing about women's basketball.
What BS. Yeah, there was "no buzz" in Manhattan when Geno and UConn came to play K-State there last December...only a sellout crowd of over 12,500. And, we'd fill Hilton if he came to Ames. Yeah, UConn is just "old news" all right.
I get it - you don't care for women's basketball.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-basketball-largest-di-crowd-season-comes-see

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Yeah, UConn is just "old news" all right.

It's old news for their fans. Their home attendance has been trending downward despite the titles piling up. Why? Because nobody wants to see 30+ point games every night.