Latest ESPN Bracketology

j_crow

Oct 24, 2007
Ames, IA
ESPN - Bracketology

Charlie Creme has us as one of the last four in, at a #11 seed in Des Moines playing #6 seed Ohio State. He also had the following to say about our position:

"The Cyclones, like Texas, are 7-9 in the Big 12. Unlike Texas, they don't have the resume of big wins. The loss to finish the season at Nebraska hurt, and a first-round tournament loss to Colorado would probably be the end of Iowa State's NCAA chances."

Personally, I'm with him. I know a lot of people think we're in because of the strength of the Big 12, but I think we need to beat Colorado to have a chance; ending a sub .500 conference season with two losses to mediocre conference teams doesn't bode well (even with all of the adversity we faced). With that said, I think our play in the conference tournament will put to rest any doubts about whether or not we'll get in. Let's go Twister Sisters!

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Boy, we are really cutting it close.

The CU game is almost must win. Due to the strength of the conference, if we win tomorrow, I think we are in barring some weird results from other conference tournaments.

As host of the Des Moines site, I think the NCAA really wants us to make it.

I feel sorry for the #7-#6 seed if we get a #10-#11 seed in Des Moines. With our fans, that would not be an upset at all.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
All we need to do is take care of business tomorrow and we should be golden.

I hope.