Legion on Fx

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Binged the first episodes... anyone else catch this show yet? Shades of Stranger Things with more of an edge.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I'm planning on it but haven't gotten around to it yet. It seems to be getting really good reviews. Also, Aubrey Plaza is a plus.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm watching but not loving it. They get one more episode to keep my interest or else I'm giving up.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Binged the first episodes... anyone else catch this show yet? Shades of Stranger Things with more of an edge.

There's some discussion in this thread, too:

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/fox-x-men-marvel-movie-tv-universe.215174/page-16

The show is also available on Hulu for those that may not have access to FX.

I'm enjoying it, and I'm shocked that my wife really likes it. I really dig the style - the costume design is awesome and the cinematography feels like a combination of Stanley Kubrick and Terry Gilliam. Everything about this show is great - even the "In Living Color"-style credits at the end of the show are bizarre that I think adds to the "wtf did I just watch?" feel after each episode. I'll be the first to admit that I thought this show was going to bomb and I have been floored with how good it is. Dan Stevens nails every single scene he is in and I think he's poised to be the next break-out star to make the move from TV to film - similar to when Chris Pratt left Parks & Rec to star in The Lego Movie, Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Watched just the first 2 episodes. The first one was fantastic. The second one was blah. I'll watch a couple more but they got to get it moving with more substance and plot movement.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
There's some discussion in this thread, too:

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/fox-x-men-marvel-movie-tv-universe.215174/page-16

The show is also available on Hulu for those that may not have access to FX.

I'm enjoying it, and I'm shocked that my wife really likes it. I really dig the style - the costume design is awesome and the cinematography feels like a combination of Stanley Kubrick and Terry Gilliam. Everything about this show is great - even the "In Living Color"-style credits at the end of the show are bizarre that I think adds to the "wtf did I just watch?" feel after each episode. I'll be the first to admit that I thought this show was going to bomb and I have been floored with how good it is. Dan Stevens nails every single scene he is in and I think he's poised to be the next break-out star to make the move from TV to film - similar to when Chris Pratt left Parks & Rec to star in The Lego Movie, Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy.
He plays the Beast in the upcoming Beauty and the Beast live action so that's already happening.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Really enjoy the show. Acting is very good, and they do a great job making you second guess if what you're seeing is actually happening. I'm through 3 episodes, and I think I finally convinced myself that Aubrey Plaza's character is/was actually real. Also, I said it in the other thread, but Rachel Kelly is not at all hard to look at.

• Agree
Reactions: mfelske

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Really enjoy the show. Acting is very good, and they do a great job making you second guess if what you're seeing is actually happening. I'm through 3 episodes, and I think I finally convinced myself that Aubrey Plaza's character is/was actually real. Also, I said it in the other thread, but Rachel Kelly is not at all hard to look at.

Just got done watching Ep. 4. I was totally with you that she was real until the reveal this week.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
And... just finished tonight's episode.

What the **** just happened.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Just got caught up last night - that was crazy.

Is that Dan Stevens in the fat suit? That is straight-up creepy. My wife is just in awe at Dan Stevens acting ability - she looked it up and saw he learned to play the banjo in 10 days for that scene in the Astral Plane.

My wife had the best description of this show I have heard yet: it's a show about Marvel superheroes, but is told in a way that mixes American Horror Story and Twin Peaks.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

Yeah, this show has me at the edge of my seat but the brain in a blender feeling is real. Looks like no more Mr Nice alter ego. The whole episode, I feel like I need to spin this to find out if it's real.
tumblr_m6np0cVIXV1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

No CRAP! First we saw her butttt (smiley face) and then all the chaos. Can't wait for the next episode... Love how there are giant cliff hangers at the end of each episode. The music, the colors, the cinematography, the retro feel, the beat poetry - love it all.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Crazy. Just the visual aspect, I spend half the episode with my mouth hanging open. And then when it's over I'm like WTF just happened?