Which was better?

• Lumpy's

Votes: 71 65.7%
  • Lost and Found

Votes: 37 34.3%

• Total voters

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I puked in Lumpy's on my 21st birthday. You know the drill the night before your birthday you go out right at midnight and your friends race to get you around town and slam 21 shots down your throat. Granted I highly doubt I made it to 21, but I do remember puking in Lumpys from a 3 Wisemen. As I was told the next day via same friends, the bouncer came in, giggled, and told my buddies it was time for me to go. Doubt it got cleaned up.

If I recall correctly Wednesday's Buck Burgers when Cy's was at capacity we were ushered up to Lost and Found which served as the overflow. That was much better for us too, since it was (like mentioned above) quieter and you could usually find a place to sit.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I worked at People's/Lumpys for a couple months. I finally put in my notice and told them that I wanted to party and spend money instead of make it. Pretty much lived at People's from '04-'07. I won't drop names but the other highlight of Friday nights at Lumpys were the bartenders. Very attractive.

Orly?

My sister tended bar @ Lumps around that time. Served Horatio Sanz once.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You should be gathering that if a bar doesn't charge hardly anything for beer and wishes to stay open, some cuts have to be made somewhere. At Lumpy's, it was the restroom facilities.

Lol...I spent plenty of time at Lumpy's. To be honest I don't remember ******* anywhere but the bathroom there, but my memories of that place aren't very vivid for obvious reasons. I probably ****** in the sink in the bathroom if it had one. I just think it's funny many people's fondest memories of the place seem to include ******* wherever they wanted.

Cybball37

Dec 11, 2015
Central Iowa
This thread brought back great memories of both bars. I was there from 89-93. I preferred Lumpy's. Lots of gross things down there. Didn't they at one time have a bathtub in that back room? I remember people pissing in that.
Took my roommate there on his 21st. No one else in our group was 21 yet, but that place was always a sure thing. Gave him his last drink of the night (prairie fire shot) and sent him on his way with his girlfriend, where he puked at her place and spent the night in her bathtub. I still get reminded of that by her (they got married). :)

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Looking to settle a debate. Which was better, Lumpy's or Lost and Found?
Yeah, this is odd debate for me, both are good bars for different reasons. Lost and Found was a great low key mid-week establishment. Lumpy's is a great dive, for a 'get wasted' night....

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Random thread bump. I read WRNL's column on things to do in Ames and they had a picture of Cy's Roost and under it Don's Deli. Is/was Don's Deli an actual deli? I know, random.
208-1-2012-07-11424776.0.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron