Maurice Gray

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007
From what I've heard, he is ours to lose... He has dropped Kansas and Fatgino from the running and is very interested in playing right away. I think he could make this recruiting class. Shutdown corner anyone?? This could be a great weekend!!:yes: Also, does anyone know if he has three years of eligibility left??

lennon3

Apr 11, 2006
In the free 2 sentences or w/e you could read from the last rivals update. It said that OSU was the leader at this point. So hopefully something happened that changed that! Here is the part of the article that you could read.

El Dorado (Kan.) Butler County C.C. four-star cornerback Maurice Gray took an official visit to Oklahoma State this weekend. And while he said he didn't make a commitment on the trip, it's abundantly clear the Cowboys are clearly in the driver's seat.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
With only 3 healthy corners at the end of the season, it would be huge to be able to get him. Hopefully Sandvig can recover quickly.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I like how all cornerbacks that commit to us are "shutdown Cornerbacks". My god I hope they shutdown the receivers from the other team. That is way better than a "Let's catch and run Cornerback".

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
From what I've heard, he is ours to lose... He has dropped Kansas and Fatgino from the running and is very interested in playing right away. I think he could make this recruiting class. Shutdown corner anyone?? This could be a great weekend!!:yes: Also, does anyone know if he has three years of eligibility left??

He can only play two.... I think he would have 3 years to play 2, but I would guess he would be an immediate contributor. Great offer list and high ranking would make him the star of this year's class.

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007
My cousin plays football with him at El Dorado... Maurice supposedly said it's down to ISU and OSU, leaning towards ISU. IF he has a good visit, he will commit to ISU. He is very impressed with the coaching staff and wants to play right away. Take that for what it's worth...

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I like how all cornerbacks that commit to us are "shutdown Cornerbacks". My god I hope they shutdown the receivers from the other team. That is way better than a "Let's catch and run Cornerback".

In high school our corners sucked we called them "spinning corners" cause they always had to spin arounf to catch the WR that just ran by them. lol

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
My cousin plays football with him at El Dorado... Maurice supposedly said it's down to ISU and OSU, leaning towards ISU. IF he has a good visit, he will commit to ISU. He is very impressed with the coaching staff and wants to play right away. Take that for what it's worth...

Man, i hope you are right.

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007

If you don't consider Gray a 'shutdown corner', what would you consider him??

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006

Wrong....he is Okie State's to lose....

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
umm i just looked at his profile.. and now Arizona State is on there listed at Medium.. not to good for us.. we are still listed at high along with Ok St.. but still.. but he did just have a visit and we are at the number one spot.. so hopefully he commits..

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If you don't consider Gray a 'shutdown corner', what would you consider him??

He is a cornerback until he shuts someone down. You have to earn that title in college. My point is that every kid you recruit to a D1 football program is shutting down kids in high school. I can't think of one guy that we recruited that was not shutting guys down in high school. If he was not I don't think we would recruit him.

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007
He is a cornerback until he shuts someone down. You have to earn that title in college. My point is that every kid you recruit to a D1 football program is shutting down kids in high school. I can't think of one guy that we recruited that was not shutting guys down in high school. If he was not I don't think we would recruit him.

Well said... I completely agree with you.