NFL: McFadden agrees to six-year, $60 million deal with Raiders

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I feel bad for him. The guy has all the talent in the world, and he gets drafted by a team that almost certainly will waste that talent.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
No rookie deserves a deal like that. But on the other hand, that "deal" can be torn up at any time if he underperforms.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
they have a lot of money tied up in two players. They better do better this year so that they don't have to shell out that kind of money 3 years in a row.

At least they know that they can do better than the chiefs...anyone can...zing!!

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6 years, 60 million. I do not feel bad for him at all. Heck I would play for 0-200 team if they gave me a million per year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending him to the Make A Wish foundation, but as a hugely talented rookie, who I'm sure, has expectations of playoff runs and Super Bowls, finding out that Al Davis is going to be your boss can't be the best feeling in the world. The Raiders have shown little aptitude for the game of football in recent years.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The best thing that can happen for the Raiders is the day Al Davis "retires". No ill will toward the man, he was great in his day - but that day is long gone.

IMO, he's one of the worst, if not the worst owner in the league.

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
I have a feeling he is going to be a huge bust in the NFL. That feeling was reinforced by the fact that he plays for the Raiders. Good for him though on the massive contract.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
The best thing that can happen for the Raiders is the day Al Davis "retires". No ill will toward the man, he was great in his day - but that day is long gone.

IMO, he's one of the worst, if not the worst owner in the league.

Just like polyester disco suits and platform shoes.

I still get this feeling that when he's dead in his grave he'll still have some way of controlling the Raiders.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
as a raiders fan i hope he succeeds but i'm very thankful for them getting a deal done .... only took russell till week 2 to get something done last year ... also how can you rag on the raiders when every team has had bad years .... atleast theyve started fresh with a young coach and built a foundation with a new qb and a new rb .... not saying they're gonna be winning super bowls anytime soon but atleast theyll be winning more than 4 games a year IMO

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It might be the offense that Arkansas runs that makes me think he's not going to be as good as advertised. He played as basically the QB in some of their formations. I don't know how that's going to translate to the NFL. Then again, RB is probably the easiest transition to make from the college to pro game, so who knows?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I'll be shocked if he's not better than Reggie Bush. Felix Jones is more like Bush than McFadden is. McFadden can actually run between the tackles.

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
The Raiders have a great history of draft picks working out well :)

GalleryRobert.jpg

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Just like polyester disco suits and platform shoes.

I still get this feeling that when he's dead in his grave he'll still have some way of controlling the Raiders.

Wouldn't it be amusing though? Al has some crazy legal document drawn up that must be executed, even after his death - that runs on for a few years?

I wouldn't put it past him.