Meet the Coaches Night

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
Did anyone here go to meet the coaches night? I had a blast and the food was awesome. I really liked Rhoads' story about how Jeff Woody got his scholarship. It gave me quite a chuckle. The numbers about graduation rates and rankings were pretty impressive too, even though they may have been "spun" a bit to look better.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It was 4th and 1 at the 5 yard line. They handed the ball off to Woody and AJ Klein met him 2 yards behind the line. He burst through Klein and than was met by O'Connell at the line of scrimmage. He fought him off and got the first down.

Coach Bleil screamed, "that a boy Woody, that's what we pay ya for!!"

Rhoads turned to him and yelled, "we don't pay him anything...he's a walk-on!"

And they gave him a scholly the next day

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Thats pretty funny. I love walk on success stories.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
It was a good time. I ate with Bill and his wife. His wife is really nice and knows her ISU sports.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I loved it when Rhoads said this about the defense.

"Defense is pretty young but talented. I like to compare them to a new puppy. Sometimes you just love that puppy...and other times you want to roll up a DSM Register and give it a smack. No pun intended of course!"

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
It was 4th and 1 at the 5 yard line. They handed the ball off to Woody and AJ Klein met him 2 yards behind the line. He burst through Klein and than was met by O'Connell at the line of scrimmage. He fought him off and got the first down.

Coach Bleil screamed, "that a boy Woody, that's what we pay ya for!!"

Rhoads turned to him and yelled, "we don't pay him anything...he's a walk-on!"

And they gave him a scholly the next day

sounds like our best linebacker and a saftey need to step up and make a play.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I thought it was a pretty good night, Rhoads seemed really fired up to hit someone in another jersey color.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Did anyone here go to meet the coaches night? I had a blast and the food was awesome. I really liked Rhoads' story about how Jeff Woody got his scholarship. It gave me quite a chuckle. The numbers about graduation rates and rankings were pretty impressive too, even though they may have been "spun" a bit to look better.

What do you mean by this?

Wish I could of been there, the pictures looked like a great evening.