Milwaukee beer questions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
1. I don't believe Beer is sold, unless you have suite. -Wasn't in Chicago at the Sweet 16 last year from my memory.

2. Don't do Miller. The two best tour options are Lakefront Brewery and Milwaukee Brewing Company. Great local/regional breweries and fun tours. Miller is ok, but very sanitized tour.

- I actually own a Distillery attached to the Milwaukee Brewing Company and we'll be hosting Cyclone fans Thursday and holding a big event Friday, hoping we win of course. We have tours and tastings as well. Central Standard Craft Distillery www.thecentralstandard.com

3. Bars by the stadium. McGillicuddys is a little bro douche, ok, bet eh. Was a go to spot when I was 22. RedRock is a good country bar and that's where my group will probably head given the ISU AA tweet. You're all more than welcome to come by the Distillery at 613 S 2nd Street. About 1 mile south of Stadium in a cool neighborhood. We'll have drink specials for Cyclone fans all weekend.

Better bars by stadium are:

1. Buck Bradley's right by the stadium. Classic Marquette pre-bar
2. Definitely stop in at the Old German Beer Hall for a Liter - classic German Milwaukee
3. Trinity and the Harp just east of the river are huge big bars too. Will be a circus on Friday-

Hoping the clones get out of Thursday, Friday is St. Patrick's Day and the bars in Milwaukee will be wild!

Looking forward to seeing Cyclones in Milwaukee!
The best bars in Milwaukee are in the neighborhoods......find an Old Style sign hanging on what looks like a house. Fantastic tour down memory lane in everyone of them.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
If Blatz is still around, stay away from it.
I have some friends that used to play a game that involved drinking Blatz heavily and seeing if you could pronounce it while vomiting (i.e: blaaaaaaaaaaaaatz). Yes they were dumb***es but my friends none the less.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'd suggest doing a visit to Sprecher. Free beer for you, free sodas for wife and kids. :)

Be sure to get some New Glarus in before you leave WI

Swingin Door is my favorite downtown bar

And please God don't go to the touristy Safehouse.
I love the Safehouse. So does Jamie Pollard.

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
Be sure to check out MobCraft Brewery and Good City Brewery, both in Milwaukee.

Definitely check out Good City Brewing Company, which just opened last year. My cousin is the brewmaster and a co-founder. Prior to Good City, he was the plant manager at Lakefront and did a short stint at Goose Island.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter