zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Is anyone looking into why the mobile forums are so slow to load? It's pretty bad no matter what connection, device, etc.

Can you have an option for a totally slimed down version of the site? Does the site work with 3rd party message board apps like Tapatalk?

Thanks.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
i find the actual site to be fast but some of the ads (which I cant tell you, usually the larger ones at the top of the page) load in slow and jam the works a little or make it jump back up if you scroll down before they load. The site response time is great just the ad chug it.

I understand the need of ads on free site and thats not the prob i have, just there size or type whatever it maybe that causes them to load slower.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: buf87 and C.John

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
i find the mobile site to be very slow as well. it takes a long time to load each page and then when it does it goes to the bottom of the page (where the ads are, not the bottom of the thread).

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Just want to add my vote to this one...

On my phone (which is Android 4.3) using either Chrome or FireFox, the page load freezes about 85% through, and takes about a minute to finish from there. If I request the desktop site, the page load freezes at about 75%. Chrome seems better than FireFox. Every once in awhile, I see a little speaker icon pop up and disappear in the status bar. I'm assuming that this is some ad trying to play sound. Most of the page is loaded, and there are blank spots where ads would go, so I assume this problem is somehow ad related.

We have a new android 5.x tablet, and it doesn't seem to have this problem.

• Agree
Reactions: C.John

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I quit using the app and switched to Safari, and no problems at all since.

I posted in the other thread but do you have a problem with it redirecting to a gift card popup when you try to look at alerts? Mine does this every single time but it's only when looking at my alerts for some reason. I have to completely back out of CF for it to go away.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I had to either block javascript in Chrome or switch to an ad blocking browser to use the mobile site. I went with the latter as blocking javascript cannot be done for only one web site and it caused issues on others with it turned off. As someone else said, I understand the need for ads (although I wish there was a pay option to remove them), but if it makes CF unusable then you are losing users and ad revenue.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Still getting spam/popups on Android if I leave CF open too long. I have to kill the Chrome app to avoid it. Hitting the return button doesn't work and phone vibrates like crazy. Actually killed my phone last night because it was in my jacket pocket and I didn't feel it vibrating.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Really unusable without some kind of ad blocking. Again, I would love to pay for an ad free site. Otherwise, I will continue to use and ad blocker.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I have the same issues on mobile, loads to 85% and then sits. It really only bothers me though when I refresh a lot during game threads.

∆∆ This, been a nagging issue since the redesign. Wi-Fi/4g doesn't matter, loads partial then stalls out. If you are in a thread and start scrolling once it finishes it takes you back to where you started on that thread. Annoying during game threads.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLONE STATE

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I'll look into it. Thanks guys.

I brought this up a month ago with many people agreeing.. In that thread, we surmised that Android phones have issues, apple does not.

Since then I got an apple work phone. My android through the chrome app is unusable with this site. I don't have the kind of patience it takes to operate that ****.

My Apple phone through safari or whatever is super snappy with no issues.

People with Android have the problem I'd bet.

Thoughts??

• Agree
Reactions: CyArob and arobb