• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
It seems to be an Android problem, I see the same issue running 4.4.4 and chrome browser.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
∆∆ This, been a nagging issue since the redesign. Wi-Fi/4g doesn't matter, loads partial then stalls out. If you are in a thread and start scrolling once it finishes it takes you back to where you started on that thread. Annoying during game threads.
Dolphin browser with ad blocking turned on makes it usable. Still not fast by any standard.

• Informative
Reactions: C.John

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I have always had issues with the CF app and Chrome. I just it assumed it was my phone 5. I just tried Safari to access cyclonefanatic.com, what a huge difference.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
HTC One M10, Android 6.0.1, Chrome browser.

This forum loads slowly, with pages stalling and then jumping once you have scrolled down and it completely loads. It is a struggle to type this, as my screen lags what is typed on the keyboard by up to 10 seconds at times. It kills my battery. Scrolling up and down a page becomes painful and choppy.

I do not have this problem with other websites or forums.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I finally gave up trying to view the forum on mobile yesterday.

Android - Samsung Galaxy S5 using Chrome.
Tried loading a page. It would start loading then freeze up for a bit and continue. Tried it on both 4G and wifi, didn't seem to make a difference. I only made it through 1 1/2 pages of a thread before giving up. After watching my battery go from 99% to 91% in the span of about 8 to 10 min, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. Not sure if its the ads or the gif's and twitter links or what but it was pretty much unusable.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I grabbed the ad blocking version of chromium in the link below and it has helped dramatically. At times it does block too much, but it's wonderful for CF.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-nochromo-wild-browser-appears-t3130776

Opera Mini blocks ads too, so maybe it's the ads that are doing it. I have no problem with scrolling through a few ads to help the site have a way to generate revenue. But other forums are able to use ads and not have this problem. With the ad issues on this site from the past, I'd lean towards them having something to do with this.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Opera Mini with ad block is definitely an upgrade in experience.

This site on the chrome app was getting worse by the day it seemed.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I've been using Dolphin but Chris's post got me thinking about what Chrome could be doing differently. So, try this. Seems to help.
In Chrome, go to settings and turn off 'Data Saver'.

Last edited:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I've been using Dolphin but Chris's post got me thinking about what Chrome could be doing differently. So, try this. Seems to help.
Been off for me, still really slow at times.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I sent a note to our developer today about this - again. It's weird cuz it only seems to be a problem on Android. Works flawlessly on my iPhone.

It is hit and miss on my ipad. Some days it works fine. On some days, though, the ad right below the box where one types messages (like I am doing right now) makes things impossible with the cursor repeatedly jumping elsewhere every few seconds when the ad changes or refreshes.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

I've always had data saver off but CF was still unusable on the chrome browser.

Ever since I've started using 'Free Adblocker Browser' it has been flawless. No more slow loading, random popups, battery drainage and completely slowing my phone down.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I sent a note to our developer today about this - again. It's weird cuz it only seems to be a problem on Android. Works flawlessly on my iPhone.

Have you tried using Chrome on an iPhone? Otherwise, is java enabled in the browser you're using? It definitely seems to be some sort of Java script that is hanging up the page loading. When Java is disabled, it runs fine (albeit missing features).

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
dislike the desktop version because all the ads cause huge memory issues with flash player....now I can't even look at Mobile forums in Chrome on my Samsung 7. IT just loads then freezes.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'm working with my ad network to get video ads turned off, which sucks, because it'll kill our CPMs (revenue). Gotta get this issue fixed though for you guys. Please be patient.

Running a free site can be a ***** sometimes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Reactions: Spam

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm working with my ad network to get video ads turned off, which sucks, because it'll kill our CPMs (revenue). Gotta get this issue fixed though for you guys. Please be patient.

Running a free site can be a ***** sometimes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
You'll have to explain to your daughter that she's going gets less toys this year because people are complaining about video ads on a free message board.