Monte to the Wolves!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
A better situation, but kind of stinks for him as I'm sure playing for the Pistons was a childhood dream of his.

I mean if he had to sit out half a season with an injury (the first major one of his career) what better place than almost his home town?

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
That's quite a bit more than I figured Morris would cost. A good sign that MN thinks he's a big piece!
He’s in his last contract year so I hope they want to lock him up for a few more years. I believe their GM recently moved over from Denver and knew him from there, seems like a good sign he wants Monte as the long term backup PG

Reactions: LindenCy and NWICY

ISUinOR

Nov 8, 2007
Portland, OR
I was looking forward to seeing Monte tomorrow night here in Portland. Guess I'll have to wait until next week to see him in back to back games.

Reactions: NWICY

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Over/Under on how many games until Monte passes Luka in scoring this year?

Using career average it would be about 2.6 games...but a lot of those games were starter minutes.

Ha. 2 games max. I’m a Garza simp (yup) but he’s not an NBA player.

• Funny

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Throw a autographed Wolves jersey in with the Piston jersey for We Will

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Any chance he beats out Conley for the starting spot?
Not this year. Conley has been a steadying presence for the wolves but the PG has been a major issue when he’s off the court or out with injury.
Believe both Morris and Conley are free agents next year. There is an opportunity for Monte to impress and get the starting job next year if he plays well.

• Agree
Reactions: Tpups21 and DSMCy

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
as much as it must suck to leave his hometown team, at the same time it must feel like escaping hell. I said at the time it was a mistake signing with the Pistons... and it ended up being a historically bad team.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
as much as it must suck to leave his hometown team, at the same time it must feel like escaping hell. I said at the time it was a mistake signing with the Pistons... and it ended up being a historically bad team.

Did he sign or was he traded?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Prob hard to do now with how well the Wolves are playing, but I hope the Twin Cities Alumni Association can put something together to see him.

Did that a couple of years ago when he was in town with Denver. I was literally alone in the section for seats the Wolves set aside for us. I was disappointed and embarrassed. Timberwolves gave me some nice swag though so it wasn't a complete loss.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
If he gets back to 100%, he'll be a great fit there. He probably won't compete with Conley, but with Conley's age, Monte will get a lot of opportunity to spell him and keep him fresh for the playoffs.

I've seen some discussion wondering how much of Monte's success in Denver was Jokic-based, but his numbers in Washington last season were almost identical to his last two seasons in Denver.

• Informative
Reactions: drmwevr08