NBA: My interest is at an all time high

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Thanks to the highly competive Western Conference and the resurgence of the Celtics, i've been paying more attention to the NBA than ever before. Am I the only one?

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
Nope. I'm with you as well. I've watched more games this year than I ever have. I think the trades have made a HUGE difference. Channelsurfing.net helps as well.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I would have to agree somewhat- my interest faded after Jordan retired and although I haven't watched any full games lately, I have been paying attention to highlights and standings.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Haven't watched 2 minutes of a NBA game in the past 5 yrs. College BB is faster paced to watch and you only have a few ego's playing on the two teams, not a roster full of them.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Still not watching but can understand how it might have become more appealing. Still hate the officiating and how inconsistent it is...just ruins the game for me.

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
College basketball is still 10x better, but it is still basketball. Nothing can compare to March Madness, but the NBA playoffs are really entertaining.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Haven't watched 2 minutes of a NBA game in the past 5 yrs. College BB is faster paced to watch and you only have a few ego's playing on the two teams, not a roster full of them.

you're kidding, right? Any time i've seen a college b-ball game, it's been a total snooz fest, low scoring game.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Thanks to the highly competive Western Conference and the resurgence of the Celtics, i've been paying more attention to the NBA than ever before. Am I the only one?

Yes, you are the only one. US professional soccer leagues are more exciting than the NBA.

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
I'll stop and watch any game with the Suns, Celtics, Warriors, and LeBrons (Cavs). Everything else is tough to watch until the playoffs start. TNT's coverage is worth watching for Barkley alone.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
No one team is better than 8 others prime teams on a given night. This is a welcome change. Boston, Detroit, and Orlando can be tough. Phoenix, Lakers, Suns, Rockets, Spurs, and Dallas are for real.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
No one team is better than 8 others prime teams on a given night. This is a welcome change. Boston, Detroit, and Orlando can be tough. Phoenix, Lakers, Suns, Rockets, Spurs, and Dallas are for real.

Philly is coming on strong as well.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Anybody who rips on the NBA has not watched a game in the past couple years IMO. The league is better right now than it ever was in the Jordan era. It has not been this good since Bird/Magic. There are so many great, young players that are exciting to watch. There are legitimately 8 teams that could win the whole thing.

Also defense is better than it has ever been in the NBA. The stats don't lie

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I've always been a big NBA fan but here lately it's really getting good. People can't really say the players are a bunch of thugs anymore either if you look at the last 3-4 draft classes. Lots of high character guys in this league right now. To me, the NBA game is a lot smoother and actually lets players decide games and not coaches and their complicated systems. Unless it's Iowa State, the Big 12, or March Madness college hoops doesn't really do it for me anymore. I'm glad to see the NBA gaining popularity across the country again.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Being only about half an hour from the Toyota Center I still have yet to see the Rockets play in person. During their win streak I must admit me and others in the area did start to jump on the band wagon.

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
Personally, I still don't care for it. Let me know when they start playing defense.

They're playing defense. Watch the Spurs, the Pistons and the Celtics. If they don't call that defense, then you really aren't paying attention.

Don't watch the Suns, the Grizzlies, and especially the Thuggets, er Nuggets.