Names on jerseys

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
The women have never had names on the back of jerseys to my knowledge. Do you think that changes soon with the team we have and the NIL era?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The women have never had names on the back of jerseys to my knowledge. Do you think that changes soon with the team we have and the NIL era?
Neither does UConn but if is a big deal it would be a simple ask.
I really have no intense feelings either way on the issue.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Neither does UConn but if is a big deal it would be a simple ask.
I really have no intense feelings either way on the issue.
I’m just thinking more for marketing I guess.

Obviously there are a ton of Clark jerseys out there, can that be Audi soon? And didn’t know if it would matter in that aspect?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I think about this every time I see the Mike Krzyzewski commercial for the Army that features mbb and wbb players. Toward or at the beginning he says something like, "it's not the name on the jersey" and I think, at ISU wbb, it definitely is not. Quite an assumption, I suppose. Maybe he means the name of the school on the back of the jersey ...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think about this every time I see the Mike Krzyzewski commercial for the Army that features mbb and wbb players. Toward or at the beginning he says something like, "it's not the name on the jersey" and I think, at ISU wbb, it definitely is not. Quite an assumption, I suppose. Maybe he means the name of the school on the back of the jersey ...
That commercial is kinda neat to me because it's a bunch of highlights of Lehigh beating Duke. To narrate that shows me Coach K appreciates teamwork.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Would doubt it. It's not an ISU thing, it's a Fennelly thing. Not like he is going to change in late 60's.

Not sure it really matters, it's not something I even notice. You'll still be able to buy something with Audi's name and number on it.

Reactions: mplueg

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
That commercial is kinda neat to me because it's a bunch of highlights of Lehigh beating Duke. To narrate that shows me Coach K appreciates teamwork.

I dislike the commercial for the sole reason of Coach K's voice. Everything else is fine, but his voice is NOT meant for voice-over work.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I dislike the commercial for the sole reason of Coach K's voice. Everything else is fine, but his voice is NOT meant for voice-over work.
I assume it's because of his time at West Point and maybe he just did it for free? Who knows.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I've always wondered why ISU women don't have their names on their jerseys. The men do, and many other WBB teams do.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
The way college sports works these days I would just go ahead and put the names on the jerseys. I get the point but with NIL there isn’t anything too team oriented anymore.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I've become so accustomed to no names on the back that I don't even look there on other teams anymore, even when I don't know the players. Not sure why others want them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron