National media coverage

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
But none of the national people have ever given ISU any respect. Thats nothing new.

I could see Walton holding a grudge after Clones beat up on WSU's Butch T. Cougar.

And Fraschilla is calling the NIT.

As for Sir Charles, he once said that it doesn't take anything athletic to ride in the Tour de France.

So, fine.

Clones be bracket-busters and they'll do it under the radar. Smooth.

Vanilla-1s-280px.gif

Reactions: NWICY and 2speedy1

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Before the tournament started I was listening to College Sports on ESPN Sirius Radio early one morning, and the entire panel picked UConn to beat DRAKE in the Elite 8

DRAKE!

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Before the tournament started I was listening to College Sports on ESPN Sirius Radio early one morning, and the entire panel picked UConn to beat DRAKE in the Elite 8

DRAKE!
lol. Just proves that NO ONE even thinks about ISU. Marquette gets more love. I heard several commentators say they have a legit chance. They are a good team and may have a chance but damn, ISU is in the best basketball conference in America finished second and won their tournament.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Andy Katz today on Sirius College Sports said ISU and Illinois can give UCONN a battle, he would pick UCONN in both, but wouldn't be surprised if either made it a struggle for UCONN. ISU has the best D in the country and Illinois can score with anyone, but can they defend, he said. He went on to say he thinks Illinois would give UCONN a better game (better offense) and that UCONN playing in Boston is a huge advantage (DUH).

I think playing closer to home makes things fun for your fans but I don't know if it gives you an over the top advantage once the ball tips. We aren't going to look up and see an arena 75% filled with UConn fans and pi$$ our pants having already played @ Kansas & Houston. I'd say the same thing if it was us playing in Minneapolis/KC vs UConn.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Meh. Just keep winning. That's how people learned who Gonzaga was.
I look forward to the days where ISU gets eyerolls every time they make the dance consistently and am also looking forward to the days we win so much the fanbase becomes insufferable. GOALS

• Agree
Reactions: wonkadog

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I think playing closer to home makes things fun for your fans but I don't know if it gives you an over the top advantage once the ball tips. We aren't going to look up and see an arena 75% filled with UConn fans and pi$$ our pants having already played @ Kansas & Houston. I'd say the same thing if it was us playing in Minneapolis/KC vs UConn.
I think it is a big advantage, playing close to home. We benefit every year in KC, it's great! I do agree that we've played in plenty of big games that it shouldn't matter.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron