NCAA Selection Sunday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneJob

Jan 10, 2009
Ankeny
Does anybody know who is on the selection committee? I can see it being made up of several ADs from the Big10. The conference sucks, but watch them put 8 teams in.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
It's probably so they can stretch it out even further this year by revealing one game every 10 minutes and then discuss it in depth.

Last year, I turned it off and just looked for the bracket on the internet. I had never done that before, even when ISU wasn't going to make it. I don't think I'm going to watch at all this year.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Last year, I turned it off and just looked for the bracket on the internet. I had never done that before, even when ISU wasn't going to make it. I don't think I'm going to watch at all this year.

I remember just doing things around the house while it was on. Excruciatingly long.

• Agree
Reactions: Deanster

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Same here, if they try to pull that crap again then somebody will leak it again. Nobody wants to sit around for 2 hours waiting to see the brackets while they take a bunch of commercial breaks and then talk about each region for 20 minutes.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Does anybody know who is on the selection committee? I can see it being made up of several ADs from the Big10. The conference sucks, but watch them put 8 teams in.

You're thinking of the College Football Playoff Committee. That's the organization that only exists to be loaded with Big Ten homers.

The NCAA tourney selection committee usually does a pretty decent job. The CFP committee might as well be a Big Ten mafia in terms of makeup and level of bias/corruption.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I remember just doing things around the house while it was on. Excruciatingly long.

It was a joke, all about making it longer to get more advertising money. Im glad the whole thing was a huge bust for them. Hopefully this year its back to normal. If not they are going to completely lose their audience.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It was a joke, all about making it longer to get more advertising money. Im glad the whole thing was a huge bust for them. Hopefully this year its back to normal. If not they are going to completely lose their audience.

Agreed. It shouldn't take more than an hour and even that's only if you spend the first 30 minutes revealing and the second discussing.

If they do take forever again, I hope the bracket gets leaked.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Regardless of how long it is I find myself turning it on every single year...then cleaning the house until they actually start announcing teams. Probably because any part that isn't announcing team is typically giving a BJ to some blue blood programs.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's probably so they can stretch it out even further this year by revealing one game every 10 minutes and then discuss it in depth.

Saw that there's some sort of 'block' on the bracket leaking.

I'd think announcing that gives the 'leakers' the chance to figure out how to leak the info.

If they do what they did last year I hope everyone finds something else to do and checks later. Just a horrible idea.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
That show is just another boring by-product of having waaaay too many channels with not enough stuff to put on them. They try to make a 4 hour production out of 30 minutes worth of material.