New Ames Italian restaurant

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
as Angie said, we ate there for lunch. The ravioli was very good. Lunch menu had lots of items and all were under $10.

We had better luck than we've ever had at Cazador, that's for sure - even with my order being a bit messed up.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
We had better luck than we've ever had at Cazador, that's for sure - even with my order being a bit messed up.

As long as if it's messed up, it's still good hahaha.

do you think it was a mistake in the cooking, or do you think the wait staff just grabbed the wrong plate?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
As long as if it's messed up, it's still good hahaha.

do you think it was a mistake in the cooking, or do you think the wait staff just grabbed the wrong plate?

Our waiter wasn't very familiar with Italian dishes - we all kind of had to point at our items on the menu. He didn't understand that I wanted pasta with my dish (pollo al limon) instead of vegetables, and so I just basically got the wrong companion item to the chicken. It wasn't a big deal - and the manager actually came over when he saw I hadn't eaten much to make sure everything was okay. Very nice guy.

asteff

May 8, 2009
Wow... this restaurant was not what I was expecting after reading this forum... For one it was not the same as Lucullans for half the price, it wasn't even half as good. I felt a huge let down after eating there. I thought the food was sub-par and the best part of the meal was probably the mint at the end. WONT EAT THERE AGAIN

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Wow... this restaurant was not what I was expecting after reading this forum... For one it was not the same as Lucullans for half the price, it wasn't even half as good. I felt a huge let down after eating there. I thought the food was sub-par and the best part of the meal was probably the mint at the end. WONT EAT THERE AGAIN

I sort of agree. I ate there a 2nd time a couple nights ago and didn't like it as much as the first. The first time I was super hungry, so perhaps my opinion was a bit biased.

I still think it will do alright, as it's priced well and in a good location. You could do worse in town. That said, I apologize if you felt misled...