New member, looking forward to learning more about ISU ahead of our Dec 4 matchup

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

razorbackinkc

Aug 21, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Hey guys,

I'm new to the board and to the Midwest and I am really looking forward to heading up to Ames on Dec 4. I went to undergraduate school at the University of Arkansas and I typically attend every home and road game in football and 2-3 road games in basketball.

This year I'll be going to road games in Athens, Lexington, and Ames.

Woo Pig Sooie!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hey guys,

I'm new to the board and to the Midwest and I am really looking forward to heading up to Ames on Dec 4. I went to undergraduate school at the University of Arkansas and I typically attend every home and road game in football and 2-3 road games in basketball.

Woo Pig Sooie!

There's a joke in there about a Hawg coming up to visit family in Iowa, but I don't think I'll go there. So, I'll just say hello...I hope you enjoy your visit here. Hilton is a great environment, and the Cyclones play a fun game to watch. And no offense, but I'd just as soon you left with a loss! :)

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Hey guys,

Woo Pig Sooie!

Welcome! But in spite of what you might have heard about Iowa those mating calls don't work here (unless you're really after farm animals, then maybe, but only if you flirt with them a little first).

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Welcome! What was the Razorback fans' reaction to getting a trip to Ames in the Big 12/SEC challenge? I know Cyclone fans were a little disappointed we didn't land a game with Kentucky or Florida, no offense. I still think it should be a fun game.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
What do you need to know about ISU....humm

Our school was founded due to the Morrill Act which was signed by Abraham Lincoln

WWII was won in no small part due to the our contributions to the Manhattan Project

ISU is the birthplace of the first digital computer

We have the largest student run festival in the nation called VEI....oh....wait....you just need to know the three items and a bonus fourth item.....home of the dreamiest coach in all the land!

razorbackinkc

Aug 21, 2014
Kansas City, MO
A lot of people were complaining that we didn't get Texas or Kansas but I'm thrilled to be playing ISU. I enjoyed watching y'all play in the tourney last year.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
A lot of people were complaining that we didn't get Texas or Kansas but I'm thrilled to be playing ISU. I enjoyed watching y'all play in the tourney last year.
Honestly, I'm glad we drew you at home this year. Winning at Arkansas is not easy at all and that was apparent last year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Glad you can make the game. Travel safe. Hilton is a great basketball venue.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Enjoy the game day environment inside Hilton Coliseum, it is second to none. And by the way, we have a really good team that hardly ever loses at home.

razorbackinkc

Aug 21, 2014
Kansas City, MO
Honestly, I'm glad we drew you at home this year. Winning at Arkansas is not easy at all and that was apparent last year.

Yeah, we've been **** poor on the road and nearly invincible at home. My understanding is that the BXII/SEC challenge will consist if two year home-home matchups, so I'm looking forward to both games.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah, we've been **** poor on the road and nearly invincible at home. My understanding is that the BXII/SEC challenge will consist if two year home-home matchups, so I'm looking forward to both games.
Wasn't sure since last year we got Auburn and only played once.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Where did you hear that? I thought the games were getting re-assigned every season, but trying to keep the home/away ratios fairly even.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Welcome! The Football Razorbacks gotta get rid of Beilma...sucha DOOOSH. Also, it's time to come home to the SWC errrrr Big 12.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We have a great arena and fan support, but our fans do really get on the officials. They cheer loud for everything positive and negative, if you're thick skinned I'm sure you'll like the atmosphere though.