New Music Releases 2017

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
albums so far that are highlights for me:
Run The Jewels -RTJ3
Dropkick Murphys- 11 Short Stories of Pain and Glory

Releases coming up:
1/27
Cloud Nothings - Life without Sound
Japandroids - Near the Wild Heart of Life
P.O.S. - Chill, dummy
Ty Segall - Ty Segall
2/3
Surferblood - Snowdia
The Menzingers - After the Party
2/17
Ryan Adams - Prisioner
2/24
Old '97 - Graveyard Whistling
Pissed Jeans - Why Love Now
3/24
Craig Finn - We all want the same thing
4/7
Sam Ferimin - Belong
Diet Cig - Swear I am good at this

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
albums so far that are highlights for me:
Run The Jewels -RTJ3
Dropkick Murphys- 11 Short Stories of Pain and Glory

Releases coming up:
Picking up the RTJ3 solid gold Vinyl later this week. They have such a unique style with awesome hooks and beats, always love when they drop new music, definitely didn't disappoint.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Here are some that I am looking forward to
Migos - Culture (Jan)
Sampha - Process (Feb)
Mother Mother - No Culture (Feb)
Lil Wayne - The Carter V - (not because I think it is going to be great, just because I am curious causre Carter III was my favorite album for a while)
Kendrick Lamar and J Cole Collab Album (undefined time)
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana (Feb)
Every single that Khalid releases this entire year

Reactions: Angie

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
Here are some that I am looking forward to
Migos - Culture (Jan)
Sampha - Process (Feb)
Mother Mother - No Culture (Feb)
Lil Wayne - The Carter V - (not because I think it is going to be great, just because I am curious causre Carter III was my favorite album for a while)
Kendrick Lamar and J Cole Collab Album (undefined time)
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana (Feb)
Every single that Khalid releases this entire year
I don't think that Kendrick J Cole album isn't going to happen. They said there going to make it in 2015 but never did. Then they said 2016 but never did.

Culture should be good. I like T-shirt a lot

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I don't think that Kendrick J Cole album isn't going to happen. They said there going to make it in 2015 but never did. Then they said 2016 but never did.

Yeah, Migos is on top of the world right now. Its crazy to think that these dudes got plucked by a label to be their "Atlanta Group" and they've blown up like they have. Gambino calling em out on the Golden Globes had to help as well going forward haha. But my reasoning for saying the Kendrick and J Cole album is because Ab-Soul said in December that it is in the works and theyve been working on it forever. Says he has a verse on one of the songs but those two change their mind so much about what they want that he doesn't know if it will make the final cut. All I know is, when the album drops, nobody is going to see it coming. it will be like Beyonce's Lemonade or Frank Ocean's Blond album. Those dudes know how to do it. I can't imagine the key changes and beat switches that their album will have, it's gonna be insanity.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Supposedly TOOL is releasing a new album this year (heard that before), but who knows if that's going to come to fruition.

I'm looking forward to AFI's "The Blood Album" and new Steel Panther.

• Funny
Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Wolf Alice says they'll be releasing their second album this year. I'm pumped.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-12-28%2Bat%2B12.50.19%2BPM.png

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Queens of the Stone Age confirmed? Hell to the yes.

Off that list I'm also looking forward to Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires, Old 97s, Pearl Jam, Japandroids, Shinyribs, Dead Man Winter (really stoked for this), Chuck Prophet, Craig Finn, and The National.

New Chris Knight sounds like a long shot, but that would be amazing news as well. I think Turnpike will be at least another year. Felker and Edwards seem to take their time between albums, and I'm totally cool with that. Felker is on his way to being the heir to McMurtry.

• Agree
Reactions: Bret44 and 0u812

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Supposedly TOOL is releasing a new album this year (heard that before), but who knows if that's going to come to fruition.

I'm looking forward to AFI's "The Blood Album" and new Steel Panther.

The new Tool album is becoming the next Chinese Democracy.

It would be awesome if it happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Good, because a Kendrick J Cole album is something that should never happen. Count me in as excited for Culture, though.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Anyone know if Shakey Graves is going to make any new albums in the near future? I haven't seen an album since And The War Came

I loooove me some Shakey - nothing new since And The War Came. I know he has been on the road a fair amount - were you at the Wooly's show this fall? It was amazing.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
Good, because a Kendrick J Cole album is something that should never happen. Count me in as excited for Culture, though.
I don't really like Kendrick but I feel like an album with j cole would be pretty good

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I loooove me some Shakey - nothing new since And The War Came. I know he has been on the road a fair amount - were you at the Wooly's show this fall? It was amazing.
No I wasn't, I am up in Minnesota and I found out about him being at Wolly's the day after when I saw someone on here post about it, I was upset to say the least haha. But I think a while back I read an article that talks to him about his sound and I thought he said something about how he likes playing Live rather than creating an album because Live shows he can get the sounds he wants and it is a bit more improv than a studio album has to be. But I would love for an album or even EP to come out soon!

• Agree

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
No I wasn't, I am up in Minnesota and I found out about him being at Wolly's the day after when I saw someone on here post about it, I was upset to say the least haha. But I think a while back I read an article that talks to him about his sound and I thought he said something about how he likes playing Live rather than creating an album because Live shows he can get the sounds he wants and it is a bit more improv than a studio album has to be. But I would love for an album or even EP to come out soon!

I agree, I wish he'd put out something new! He really is a great performer - he had a ton of energy, and was really engaging and raw. I can see why he enjoys it so much.

Of the others - Old 97s and The National in particular are awesome. RTJ is on my to-do list, and Kendrick/J Cole would be pretty sweet.