New site notes/bugs/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So... currently when i view it, the 'thread starter' is not the thread starter but the most recent poster. The time listed is the time the thread was started, but not when the most recent post was. A little confusing. I think it makes sense to show both the thread starter\start time and the most recent poster \most recent post time (as the prior forum did)

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I don't want to read political threads. I liked not seeing them. I am running for a local office this fall and this is an escape from any of the BS. Is there a filter/customization to eliminate certain forums from being seen? The 13 pages in this thread is too many to look through for an answer. I dont want to start a new thread and get whipped for doing so or for starting a new thread with a title that violates the code set by the thread title police.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I can't post using Dolphin browser for iPad and android. I can't stand Chrome, very inefficient. Any idea why it won't let me reply using a certain browser? Everything else works fine, that I know of.
I try to click on space to write, nothing happens. Something in the setting I can change?

@GTO heads up this one. Has a hipster browser. TrollCon is at about a 4 here.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
Is there a quick link when in a thread to go back to the recent posts landing page? Clicking the CF logo at the top takes to the main page. Asking about mobile

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
When reading threads, it seems there should be a Back To Threads List button. Maybe I'm just not familiar with the new platform and am missing something, but using the browser's Back button requires the user to then refresh the page to see the updated bold/unbold (unread/read) threads list. Sometimes it takes multiple "backs" to get back to the list. The other alternative is to scroll back to top and select the forum topic list directly from the drill down title (ex: Home > Forums > Site Related > Site and News Announcements).

Love the new platform. I love change.

Edit: It looks like kcclones requested a similar thing while I was composing my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron