New Special Edition Fawcast just released

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
-I had a hard time with the story of Johnny visiting her. Why didn't she freak out? Why didn't she beg and beg and throw herself in front of the door when he wanted to leave? Maybe she did but her almost matter of fact way of telling of the encounter left me dazed...she spent 20 years trying to find her son, he shows up on her door but she's just cool with letting him live his life without doing everything in her power to bring him back from that "life"? Just doesn't make sense. I also find it odd that she thought his life may be in danger if he/ring was exposed but she felt more obligation to not lying under oath than to protecting her son? Sorry not trying bash the woman I'm just honestly puzzled by it all.

Again, great podcast guys.

This is the part of the documentary that I have a hard time reconciling. My wife and I watched it and we agreed that (in our very non expert opinion) it doesn't matter whether or not we all believe he visited her and then just left. The important thing is that she believes it happened, and it's given her some small sense of comfort to believe he's somewhere out there, living quietly and hopefully well. Not exactly closure, but like an acceptable resolution for her.

I don't know...I just feel nothing but bad for her. It's a parent's worst nightmare, and I can't imagine living it like she has.

Thanks, Charter.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
See now your working towards that CIA link. There has long been speculation that there is a "good side" and "bad side" in the CIA. Just think that someone like Anthony Wierner wasn't creepy enough and got kicked out of the club..... I probably spend to much time chasing the damn rabbits...

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
One Omaha sex worker claims to have seen VP George Bush as a few of the parties, saw Bush giving money to someone and leaving with a young boy.

Not a rabbit hole but a whole lot of BS right there.

Yeah, VP Bush didn't need to go to the parties himself, he just had the kids delivered to DC.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
One Omaha sex worker claims to have seen VP George Bush as a few of the parties, saw Bush giving money to someone and leaving with a young boy.

Not a rabbit hole but a whole lot of BS right there.
Then there is the theory that this all comes back to Jerry Sandusky and top White House officials including former President George HW Bush. There are tons of stuff on the interwebs that links this all together. Investigate it on your own. It's a sad but fascinating subject.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Here's a quick wiki on many of the large child sex abuse claims from that era that were proven to be bogus. Lots of satanism, lots of mysterious men, etc...

I don't want any sex abuse claims on children to be true but I know that is unrealistic. But I think there are more than a few good people in jail based on interrogations of 2 year olds conducted by well-meaning investigators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_sex-abuse_hysteria

IowaRealEstate

Oct 15, 2012
Ankeny
www.CharterHouseIowa.com
For those that think these things don't go high up (White House, etc.) it is far easier to believe when you see headlines like this.
Keep in mind, this is not some blog, this was from the Washington Post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 3.22.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 3.22.09 PM.png
    371.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Informative
Reactions: JBone84

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
I wonder if he even wanted to stay when he met his mother in 1997? After living that life for so long how could you?

As others have mentioned it is a terrible thing. Hard to imagine that type of brutality. Some of the Bonacci stuff is really hard to read/watch.

That being said it's facinating. Can't get away from the similarities between Jeff Gannon and Johnny. Gannon was the last name of the editor of the DM register at the time? Is this right? And obviously the same initials.

Lots of conspiracies out there.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't even want to imagine what the pop-up ads on your computers must be like with all of this sort of Googling. :eek:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Thanks for this Charter. Really good interview. I wasn't familiar with this story. Definitely going home to watch the Netflix doc too.

Off topic but, I typically listen to podcasts at 1.5x speed. Noreen actually sounded fairly normal. Charter's voice was flying. Kind of funny listening to it.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Thanks for the interview Charter, great work. My wife and I had just watched the documentary a few weeks ago so it was still fresh in my mind. There were a few items she mentioned that weren't in the documentary so it was nice to see it a slightly different way.

I am super intrigued by this story, and all the conspiracy theories. I just can't imagine being in her place and being "ok" with knowing he is out there but not needing to find him. I understand it when she explains it but if that was my kid, and I still had reason to believe he was out there, it would be hard for me to be ok with it, id try everything to find him.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
I jumped down the rabbit hole. Jesus Christ. Interesting stuff about Hunter S. Thompson. I knew he was kinda F'd up, but he was apparently REALLY F'd up. (Allegedly)

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Fascinating interview. I'm not from Central Iowa so I knew very little about the details of the case.

Sad deal all around. :(

Thanks for doing this. :)

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Thanks for this Charter. Really good interview. I wasn't familiar with this story. Definitely going home to watch the Netflix doc too.

Off topic but, I typically listen to podcasts at 1.5x speed. Noreen actually sounded fairly normal. Charter's voice was flying. Kind of funny listening to it.

I have tried this. I just cant do it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron